Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Komodo Jones

Rate this Entry

Are People Serious About This?

Posted 08-27-2011 at 09:53 AM by Komodo Jones

I thought of posting this in the slave/master lounge but I'm not sure if it really fits in there so I'd rather be safe than sorry by posting it in my blog. I think StarShadows helped with this entry as she suggested making a separate thread of this. I look at a lot of the ads in the slave/master area and I am disgusted at A LOT of the ads in there. I have seen two ads in particular that just really ticked me off. I won't mention names but there was one ad for a female Mistress looking for a slave. The only words in the ad were "young slave wanted." There are so many questions left unanswered in this ad. Where are you located, what time zone, what are your likes and limits, what do you look like, what do you want your slave to look like, why do you want to pursue this relationship, what do you want your slave to do, and how young is young? Are you looking for someone who is 18 young, 45 years young (as some people say), or young as in child illegality young? So many questions unanswered. This as got a lot of responses but mainly from people asking the same thing as I did. Yet despite obviously NO effort put into this thread it still got responses for people interested in being her slave.
And here's another example I don't remember what this one was looking for because it was from a while back. This one is going too extreme. In the ad there was one word..."Obey." Are you fuckin' serious?! You're looking for a slave and all you're going to say is Obey?! And I want to say thank you to one of my friends, who will remain anonymous, for pointing this ad out to me.
This brings me to the title of this entry are people really serious about the whole bdsm lifestyle. This is just two examples of the ads that obviously lack any sort of thought process behind them. You know there are threads at the top that show what should go in a good s/m ad. I will say I'm a bit of a hypocrite as I've never read these but I think I have substantial information in my ads. In my most recent ad I put what I look like, what I'm looking for, my likes/limits, where I live, what I am willing to do, I have a webcam/camera/experience. I know I'm probably skipping some things but I am giving my possible applicants a lot of information about me to give them a sense if they want me or not.
Then this goes along the same lines a lot of detailed ads which are very thorough and a lot of details don't get many responses. I got one interested applicant but he wasn't exactly what I was looking for. Yet these ads with hardly any thought put into them get double digit applicants. And I'm not generalizing into male ads vs. female ads. I know being a male it is sometimes difficult to find applicants. But other male ads with no real detail get the same thing of double digits.
And going along with this topic of seriousness...what is the deal with people not responding when you show interest? Thankfully, the past few Mistresses I have applied to have messaged me back to say I'm not what they're looking for. Just like I messaged my one applicant for my Master/Mistress ad to say he was not what I was looking for. That's just common courtesy. I hope that some of the people who put so-called "ads" are reading this and take this advice seriously. This will help improve the quality of the slave/master area. I can't really say if you want to pump out poor quality ads go somewhere else and do it because I don't know of anyplace else besides kinktalk and fetlife. But the ads on those places are usually pretty detailed and you're not going to get a lot of response there either. Look at the top selected ads in the area before posting your crappy one sentence ones.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 911 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment

I could not agree more. I am in and out of the BDSM lifestyle, and some of the ads make me confused. People put some much effort into posts and get no replies. Then you get an ad (no offense, but usually by a female) with no effort or anything and they get 20 responses. But usually, if you do put enough effort, people will (sometimes) find what they are looking for. But great post
  2. Old Comment
    Komodo Jones, this post is spot-on. And you are absolutely right. Anyone even -considering- going into BDSM lifestyle needs a ton more to go on than a half-assed, one-line ad.

Yet people are serious about it. Many of those most serious about it don't use ads at all. Instead, they'll use sites like those mentioned only to find the local meet-ups and munches. This is a -fantastic- way to go about it. The very biggest thing that people often ignore is -getting to know people-

I cannot stress this enough. People -cannot- lifestyle, no matter how eager they are, without getting to know each other.
  3. Old Comment
    You are bang on. A small minority of people are just in this for a one off thing hence why the short ads. Also some of these 'so called' Mistress's are men pretending to be women (shocking right?), hence why they don't put effort in to their ad, because they know their will be some impatient person waiting for a Master/Mistress and they will just will leap at the opportunity because the genuine Master's/Mistress's are ignoring them. All I can say to those people is don't be lured in by these fake Master's/Mistress's, and just wait! You will find the right person eventually! It's not a short process its generally quite a long process, in finding the right person for you! But once you do it will be worth it