Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > sparklystar

Rate this Entry

If you could pick one aspect of BDSM to only practise - what would you choose?

Posted 04-14-2015 at 11:23 PM by sparklystar

This is a question I received by a friend yesterday. It's a really tough question. There are so many different aspects of play. Bondage, chastity, roleplay.

The full question is as follows: If you could choose one aspect of BDSM to be trained in by your Master for the rest of your life what would you choose?

I honestly took a long time to think about it. I wanted to choose something which would make me the best submissive possible.

Now I know this is going to cause disagreements. I know some people would say bondage makes better submissives because they can't struggle, they have to submit. But there's the issue with that. Free will is kind of taken from them.

In the end I decided roleplay. There are many reasons why. I'm not a very confident person in my own skin. I joined a drama school, did drama A-level and am currently involved in the drama society because I find it easier being other people than being me. I can get on stage in character, show off, be someone else and I'm confident in it. Whereas I can go my daily life without feeling confident at all.

I walk through life, head down, trying not to attract attention. And I'm serious. Around my flatmates I'm fine but throw their friends into the mix and I go all shy and quiet. Send me out to lectures and I will walk the whole way without looking at anyone. Ok, I'll talk to my friends in my lectures and seminars because they include me purposefully. The thing is I can't completely go ignored. Especially not in Stats. I understand it, can do the work easy and the rest of my group can't. Which means I have to have the confidence in my work to then tell the others how to do it. Which isn't easy for me. Drama has helped me become slightly more confident in myself.

Roleplay in a BDSM situation is similar. I'm a different person, whether that's a maid, a pet, a child/baby. I'm not me. I'm playing the role of someone else, someone who would follow orders without thinking.

As a human I sometimes disagree with what I'm being told to do and as such it requires a huge amount of grit for me to not complain and do it. Like wearing a skirt without underwear.

As a maid or a cat, they would do anything to please without thinking about it because they know they are getting paid/fed at the end of the day. This I think would be helpful to me to becoming a better submissive. It would also make me confident in my ability to please because I have always felt more confident being other people.

Another reason I would say roleplay is it's fun. At least for me. If you're a pet it's degrading, humiliating just to crawl around my room naked, eat out of bowl. Being a maid can also be degrading. Being a baby, wearing a nappy, drinking only liquids is degrading. So can many other roleplay characters be degrading and I enjoy being humiliated, degraded. It genuinely turns me on and I don't know why.

If you told me to get on my hands and knees, be a dog, and rub my cunt up against something, I would do it and enjoy it, get a thrill. Yet if you told me to just rub my pussy against something until I edged, it's less enjoyable for me.

So those are my reasons so now I want to pose a question to all of you reading this because I'm sure my Master will disagree with my choice:

For subs:
If you could choose one aspect of BDSM to be trained in by your Master for the rest of your life what would you choose?

For Masters: If you could choose one aspect of BDSM to train your submissive in for the rest of their life what would you choose?

Sparklystar
Posted in Topical essays
Views 4768 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Hm, I would also have to agree and also go with Roleplaying. Roleplaying brings out and opens a door to an almost limitless world. It's definitely one that is hard to beat in my books.
  2. Old Comment
    I'm a switch so technically I could answer both questions. I'm not sure what my answer as a sub would be. I think as a dominant though, I would choose taking care of. BDSM or as I refer to it D/s is a lot more than sex which a couple of people don't seem to understand. I'm not a "use and abuse" Dominant but more a "Take care of and protect" Dominant. I love taking care of and protecting my sub. While it's definitely not sexual, it honestly is one of my more (if not most) favorite parts of a D/s relationship.
  3. Old Comment
    Ooh interesting questions!

I'll also answer both, since I am a Switch.

As a sub, I would definitely have to say role-playing. As noted by MG and yourself, there's endless possibilities and endless worlds to explore. For even a moment, you get to leave your own mind and enter into the mind of something or someone else - which is amazingly cool. However, I'm darn shy, so that's probably unrealistic. Realistically, I'd like to be trained in worship - specifically cock worship - by a Dom or Master. While I'm pans, penises are just so interesting to me.

As a Domme, I want to say bondage, but I think I lean more towards control at the moment. I'd love to have a sub obediently staying on all-fours while I torture, whip, spank, and pleasure him/her. I suppose my goal would be to make them desperate, while commanding them not to move.

In line with KJ, though, I have a bit of Mommy in me, and I'd love to have a sub on my lap and stroke/pat his/her hair while we watched a cute movie. :3 That's not really training, though, is it? o_o
  4. Old Comment
    I think denial.

It makes her hornier, more masochistic, more desperate and frustrated. She finds simple things harder and harder things impossible so she becomes even more reliant on me. She dissolves into a subby, slavey mess at the tiniest thing. So much more. Its currently my favourite thing.
  5. Old Comment
    Posted 10-22-2015 at 09:29 AM by SlaveMichelle72 SlaveMichelle72 is offline
  6. Old Comment
    I couldn't possibly choose!