Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Lokelake's I don't know

Rate this Entry

College Degree

Posted 09-24-2009 at 07:17 PM by lokelake

This not just for one degree, but for bascially all of them, but I will just use the degree I want to get as an example for this blog entry.

My meteorology degree requires math and science classes, yet, no classes specifically for meteorology. So, where does the degree come into play? So just by taking math and science, you can become a meterologist? Just doesn't make sense to me.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1323 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Do you have something that tells you what classes you need to take in order to graduate? My major started out as math, science, English, and social studies classes but once I got further into the program, I got to take more classes related to my major. I also had to take and pass a test and apply to get into my specific college. I suggest you look into it a bit more or talk to an advisor so you don't waste a year.
  2. Old Comment
    Well, all it said was need to take math, alot of math (calc 1-3 lol). And science courses also. The math courses is obvious, and I think some science courses I will be taking, will have some importance to the science of meterology.

But math, is just one "small" componet to meterology. There is still memorization (and a lot of it) but that shoudn't be too hard. Also, meterologists looks at forecast models (computer predictions to what "they" think the weather would be like) to help predict the weather. But, there are countless of occasions, where a meterologst just can't rely on forecast models alone.

I am thinking, there are colleges out there with a meterology program. I just have to get through the first few years of all the starting courses
  3. Old Comment
    Well I want to become a drawing teacher but my major is just Art. So to be an art major I can either take a million different art courses, or I can take a million just drawing courses or a million just ceramics. At the end of my years, they won't really know the difference and I can go on to be a drawing teacher even if I took basically no drawing classes. Some colleges are weird like that. Obviously I wouldn't take all ceramics because I want to do drawing tho xD
  4. Old Comment
    The degree system in the UK is quite different from that in the US, so I’m not able to comment regarding specific advice.

I do wish you every success with your studies and am sure that your enthusiasm will go a long way to reaching your goal and obtaining your qualifications.