Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Memoirs of a Dork

I have a lot of things I should talk about and it is easier for me to do that on a random website to a bunch of strangers. You can comment on my stuff or not, but the majority of my blog posts will be personal things that are difficult for me to talk about out loud.
Rate this Entry

How to deal with Brats

Posted 06-09-2015 at 06:16 PM by techiegirl

If I hurry, I can finish this before IceMaiden posts her version. Take that!

Now, I talk about this in my How to be a Brat post, but this is more advice on how to dominate a brat, from a brat's perspective.

For simplicity, I won't write my advice as vague, in my opinion sorta things. I'm going to essentially talk about how I like being dominated and you can use that as a comparison for how you dominate others.

So, disclaimer: These are my opinions and are based on my experience. Not every brat is the same and I am not responsible for how you treat people.

Do's and Don't's:

Do Not:
  • Try to dominate me outside of a scene. You think I'm bratty during a scene? Try, god, just fucking try to boss me around during a casual conversation.
  • Insist that I need to stop being mouthy.
    Welcome to trying to dom a brat! I am mouthy, I am bitchy, and I will fight you.
  • Act as though I'm annoying.
    This is more me personally, since I view being called annoying as less playful.
  • Ignore me.
    If you ignore me, I will think I've genuinely upset you and that leads to a whole lot of terrible feelings (see Authority Figures)
  • Try to change me.
    There isn't some magical way I will submit to you. You can't fix me because I'm not broken.

Do:
  • NOT LISTEN TO ME!
    Unless I safeword, if I safeword, back off. But if I tell you to shut up or that I hate you, I swear I don't mean it.
  • Continue what we're doing.
    If I start getting mouthy, chances are that I'm getting turned on, so continue what you're doing.
  • Understand that I'm human.
    If you put me in a situation outside of my comfort zone, I'm going to get defensive. I'm not always going to be mouthy just to be mouthy. Sometimes, I do it because you struck a nerve and it's a reflex.
  • Talk to me!
    If I'm getting too bitchy or you want me to just stop for a second, let me know. There is a difference between playful teasing and genuinely thinking I dislike you or that you're not good enough. Tell me if you think it's a little too far so I can clarify what I mean and what I say.
Overall, communicate with the brat! Sometimes brats just are mouthy to get attention and be punished. If that's the case, talk to your sub and address what you both feel.

Some brats, such as myself, are mouthy because we are just mouthy and bitchy people. Talk to your sub, but if they are a brat and you can't handle that or you need them to change, chances are you can't handle dominating them.

Happy hunting.
Posted in How To's
Views 1416 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Talk to your sub, but if they are a brat and you can't handle that or you need them to change, chances are you can't handle dominating them.

I love this.

I am 99% sure I am not a brat, I think I just have slightly bratty moments on occasion. But I love brats. I love that they can sparkle and snap and bat around domly doms like nobody's business, and I absolutely adore the banter between a brat and her dom/me. This post makes me happy.
    Posted 06-09-2015 at 06:57 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  2. Old Comment
    I'm sure I'm not a brat but this sounds like good advice.

Most of this can probably be stated with any submissive.

Maybe the safe word part eliminated as new subs probably won't know what that is. (Which is scary in general.) they need listened to.

I do like this blog and the advice that comes with it.
  3. Old Comment
    I have never had a really bratty sub, I have always looked at them as a challenge. A fun type challenge of course. I enjoy the banter back and forth! Of course the downside is sometimes it takes you further then you had originally planned. I have seen IceMaiden talk herself into extra punishment because she was being a little bratty. It makes me snicker because at the end of the day I see it as playful fun. Its who she is, if she was yes sir no sir all the time she would be a totally different person.