Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Memoirs of a Dork

I have a lot of things I should talk about and it is easier for me to do that on a random website to a bunch of strangers. You can comment on my stuff or not, but the majority of my blog posts will be personal things that are difficult for me to talk about out loud.
Rate this Entry

How to Love a Broken Woman

Posted 06-14-2015 at 07:26 AM by techiegirl
Updated 06-14-2015 at 07:32 AM by techiegirl

This is roughly based on a post on fetlife, which has now since been deleted. I don't know who the author was so I cannot source them.

I use broken as I way to describe how I have felt. Yes, I suppose it is a negative thing, but the girls I am talking about probably feel negative right now. I say probably, because there are good days and bad days. I'm not trying to speak for everyone, these are just my thoughts conveyed in a way that is easier for me to write. I am one of these broken woman and this is how we need to be loved.

1. Trust. It all begins here. We have had our realities crushed so often that we've created walls around our hearts. Make your promises and vows carefully, because once you break one, you've lost us.

2. Chase us. It's not often people actually pursue their dream when faced with adversity. Most people will leave when we push them away, but you must chase us. We need to know that you want us. Before we let down our walls, we need to see you be vulnerable. We need to see you as we see ourselves before you can catch us.

3. Compliments. We don't believe them. You must shower us with praise and remind us daily how much you care, because we will deny it. We will silently know that you are lying, so you must tell us how beautiful we are, even when we argue. You must convince us that we matter, because if you don't we will never think it's true.

4. Consistency. Don't lessen the intensity of your love. We will notice the tinniest difference. That you haven't kissed us in a week, that you didn't call us by that cute pet name, and we will believe that it's a sign that we are losing you. Don't forget the small things, because those are the moments we remember.

5. Listen. Listen to our sob stories, because we all have them. Listen to our walls crumble as we cry. Listen and learn why we are the way we are. Don't try to change us or rewrite the past. Listen and accept the broken woman you're holding in your arms while she lets you in. List and do not judge. We know all the wrongs we have committed, we don't need reminders. What we need is someone who understands.

What do you get in return for loving such shattered women?

We will love you unconditionally. Once you are inside of our hearts, our walls will return, but they are there to keep you in. We will be your shoulder to cry on and the best friend who cares more for you than the air we breath.

We will be yours just as intensely as you will be ours. We won't let go and we will always defend you. We are the greatest allies to have because we need to be wanted and when that need is fulfilled, we are storms in a female form. We are broken bones, shattered screams. We are more and don't underestimate us. Don't think are broken parts make us weak.

To a broken woman, the most insane thing is the returned love of another. Once that insanity is reached, we are unstoppable.
Posted in How To's
Views 2011 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment

Sooooo spot on! <3
  2. Old Comment
    Wow! This was really good, and so well written - thank you for writing it! I wouldn't put the label of broken woman on myself, but I definitely have some trust issues and I could relate to so much of this.
  3. Old Comment
    Beautifully written What you've said about trust and consistency certainly strikes a chord with me.
    Posted 06-14-2015 at 07:52 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  4. Old Comment
    This hit home with me on so many levels... Thank you for posting.