Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Masochistic Musings

Rate this Entry

On cams, pictures, titles, and respect

Posted 07-24-2015 at 11:21 AM by punishmypussy
Updated 08-08-2015 at 07:25 PM by punishmypussy

Let me preface this by saying that I've been lurking on this website for 5+ years, although I've only recently become active in any kind of regularity. Therefore you might not know me, but I know a lot of you. And a lot of what I see and experience on this website bothers me.

First of all, I don't take pictures or appear on webcams. I have a lot of personal reasons for doing so, but those shouldn't matter. What should matter is that I don't take pictures or appear on cams, and any decent person will respect that. But I still get a lot of people trying to pressure me into taking pictures or using a webcam for them, and then getting offended or childish when I stop speaking to them.

So let's get this straight: if you don't respect me enough to acknowledge my boundaries and leave them alone, then I don't have to respect you enough to speak to you. Simple as that. It's nothing personal- I'm sure you're a lovely person who would never blackmail me or do any of the other terrible things people do with sensitive pictures on the internet. So please don't make it personal by calling me names or getting offended when I don't want to cam for you.

Along the same lines, I've met a number of people who, after exchanging small talk for two or three messages, automatically assume I, as a submissive female, should call them Sir or Master as though they're above me. I might be submissive and I might be a girl, but I'm not obligated to call you anything but your user name until I get to know you and have determined you're worthy of a respectful title. Respect, keep in mind, is earned and not given. Behave respectfully, communicate your intentions, and then and only then will I be willing to call you whatever title you want.

As a general rule, it's important to keep respect and communication in mind in any kind of d/s relationship, especially with online relationships. Even if you're just stopping by for a dare or something, please mind your Ps and Qs. You'll make my experience and your experience so much better on this website.

And I won't be forced to insult or ridicule you.
xoxo
Posted in tangents
Views 3903 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Well said. Sorry to hear you've been having issues.
  2. Old Comment
    ***Stands up and Claps.***

Sorry to hear that like many ladies, you've been pestered by those that want naked pics.

Kudos to you for not bowing to that pressure, as well as for saving Sir, Master & such for those that become special to you and earn it. Too many people expect everybody to bow to them for no reason.

Hope the respectfully portion of the gD community is enough incentive for you to stick around. Yes, though, there are some jerks, trolls & such that we all have to put up with.
    Posted 07-24-2015 at 08:13 PM by inferiorwhiteboi inferiorwhiteboi is offline
  3. Old Comment

I love this: 'So let's get this straight: if you don't respect me enough to acknowledge my boundaries and leave them alone, then I don't have to respect you enough to speak to you.'

And this: 'Respect, keep in mind, is earned and not given. Behave respectfully, communicate your intentions, and then and only then will I be willing to call you whatever title you want.'

And this:'You'll make my experience and your experience so much better on this website. And I won't be forced to insult or ridicule you.'

And your face.

So well said! I am bookmarking this for future reference.
    Posted 07-24-2015 at 11:16 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Well said!

Even if it is not on the limits of some people (and it is in your case), one is not obliged to send pictures. Those limit lists are not set in stone, just an indicator to allow for good dares. a dare receiver may rightfully decline any dare he/she gets.

the dare sender on the other hand may stop sending dares to him/her at any time.
  5. Old Comment
    People should just always be nice. Unfortunately they are not. I am happy you wrote this!