Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Staan's blog :p

Rate this Entry

Sorry your not a winner (this time)

Posted 01-18-2010 at 02:23 PM by Trystaan

Today we learnt from my english teacher that a drug addict/person who touches children is called a weedofile, i must admit i luled hard in the middle of class. We then had a debate on the legalization on cannabis, I argued very strongly, physical violence was used. Cannabis should be legalized ! Discuss
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2630 Comments 9
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 9

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Your english teacher is horrible.
  2. Old Comment
    I've been brainwashed by my school to the point where I know no good points about it. So why should it be legalized?
  3. Old Comment
    becaaause, it is the perfect social drug, it makes music and food better, it makes you feel happy and relaxed. I would much rather meet a stoned person than a drunk person. It does less less damage to you than smoking or alcohol. The main argument against it is that it leads to harder drugs, coke, x, lsd etc. However this is more likely that when people get weed from dealers they also have harder drugs on them and encourage you to buy them. If it was legalized they would take the weed away from the dealers so it removes the harder drugs effect... Also they would make a shit lot of money from taxing it
  4. Old Comment
    Damn you. I thought of the Enter Shikari song with the title!

And yeah, that's pretty hilarious. Even though i'm StraightEdge so i can't say much, Cannabis isn't as bad as Cocaine.

That's why "rastas" are chilled out.
  5. Old Comment
    I was listening at the time you seeee
  6. Old Comment
    Weed is awesome.
    People smoking weed are always chilled and happy.
    Drunks are violent sometimes.
    Meh, it should be legalized, it being illegal is probably only causing more problems.
  7. Old Comment
    There's one, and only one, reason cannabis isn't legalized. That is the simple fact that it would be impossible for the government to make money by taxing it, as if it were legal it would mean everyone could grow their own with ease, and as nobody would be buying it from licensed sellers, it wouldn't bring in any profit for the government.

This is despite the fact it's a known pain killer as well.

And this is coming from a guy who refuses to take any drugs unless 100% necessary (as in, I wont take even paracetemol unless I have no choice).
  8. Old Comment
    a) The desired responce is: "Sir/Miss, I'm deeply offended that you use such a derogatory term to describe me. [Slightly panicked voice] I did not just say that Sir/Miss. You can't tell anyone, you have to swear not to tell anybody [Pleading] Please. I'm begging you.
    b) And I'm with Betty on the whole "People should have the freedom to choose thing, but I do recognise the counterargument, of "But the NHS will be overloaded with overdose patients". Surely the Tax netted from legal sales will negate this? At this point, a third arguement hits the surface, touched upon , by xTrYsTaNx of "But if the dealer doesn't touch it, it'll be safer, as there's a regulated amount of drug per £, and there'll not be cement/ground chalk in the drugs?"

Wait, did I just analyse the good and bad points of the arguement for the legalisation of Cannabis. I've been brainwashed by my English and Politics teachers. Argh.
  9. Old Comment
    Ah, but like I pointed out, it would net a grand total of zero for tax, no matter which country it was in. For reasons I already stated.

That's the one and only reason it's illegal, due to the fact cannabis is safe as houses when you consider the legal drugs out there (alcohol and tobacco).