Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Bloxo

Rate this Entry

Warning: Dare request threads and burning out on GetDare!

Posted 10-10-2023 at 05:10 AM by Bloxo

One of the main trends of GD these days are posts of people requesting dares from the group, often with some Keywords or linked to PM dares.
These are often popular threads, and easy to post to so naturally they get populated very quickly with a long list of challenges for the person who posted it.
Sometimes we have the more extreme cases where the posters are diligent in reporting what they've completed and summarising the list of what's been given, keeping up the pace and doing a large volume of dares in a short time.
However often it can get too much for some people, they end up with crazy numbers of edges, days in denial, spanks...etc...and very soon they feel the need to step back from what they have started.
Let's add the knock on effect of an increased number of PM's going to these people (particularly if they are girls), soon people feel overwhelmed and bombarded on all sides and some fun and thrilling dares soon becomes a chore.
It's like going shopping when you are hungry, you often buy too much food and food to satisfy a craving rather than the suitable meal you went out for in the first place.

So my advice (from my own experience also), if you feel the desire for one of these threads...I would do the following:
1. Keep it simple - Make sure all the dares you will receive are things you are good to do, even if they get to a high volume
2. Have rules in place to stop people abusing these threads:
- Limit the number of times someone can post a day/have a set number of posts in between one post and the next
- Limit the number of times a person can use a specific keyword if it's something time consuming/demanding
3. Be prepared to spend a lot of time to complete these dares
4. Find a way of reporting these dares that doesn't become too long, perhaps summarising a list of what's been given and what has been completed

At the end of the day it's about being sensible, knowing your own limitations and being realistic...people are Sadists on this site (naturally ) so be prepared to be punished for putting yourself out there!

Don't let yourself be overwhelmed by this site unless you are truly looking for that!
I know it can be fun and exciting at the beginning but it soon can become too much for people...be aware
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 360 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments