Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.

Move over 2018, bring on 2019!

Posted 12-31-2018 at 04:59 PM by Butterfly

Well, I am sitting here in disbelief as I count down the hours until the end of 2018. I have to say that 2018 kicked my ass. It was a year full of loss, heart break and struggle. However, I survived and I know that I am ending the year stronger than I was at the beginning of the year. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?

Every year I take some time to reflect on the past year, and make some new goals for the coming year. I am sooo happy to say goodbye to 2018.

It is hard not to reflect on all of the negative things that happened this year, but looking back at my goals I set, I have to say that I really didn't do too bad.

If you want to read my blog from last, you can do so here.

Looking back at 2018

Here were my goals for last year, and how they went ...

1. Continue to find a balance between helping others, and being able to take care of myself and put myself first.
I think I did a really good job of this throughout 2018. I still have some work to do, but I learned how to say no, and communicate to those around me that I need space. I took breaks when I needed to from my D/s relationships, from getDare, and even from family and work.

2. Spend more time just "being" with Asslvr. Take time to ourselves, away from our phones, and just cuddle, talk and laugh together.
I wouldn't say I exactly failed this goal, but I do think we have a ways to go. We both need to work on this and I think that will be reflected in my goals for 2019.

3. Continue to explore our local kink community.
I am going to say that this was partially a success. We did attend a local kink con this year, as well as got in touch with some local kinksters. However, our local kink community took a hit when our dungeon closed this year, and that made things a bit harder. I think this is something we need to continue to work on.

4. Cross off at least 3 things on my kinky bucket list.
This was a complete success! We crossed off so many things on my kinky bucket list this year. My absolute favorite was the glitter spanking we did while visiting Ontario.

5. Become healthier, both mentally and physically.
Physically I don't think I am any healthier than last year. I started off the year really well but then I had a few major losses and I gave up. Food was used as comfort and my goal never got back on track. This is something I want to continue to work on.

However, mentally I think I am ending the year in a much better place. I had a mental breakdown a few months ago which forced me to start on anti anxiety medication as well as turn back to counselling. They have both been a huge help and I am finally feeling supported enough to work through some of my past trauma which has been a great help.

and finally ...

6. HAVE ONE ORGASM EACH DAY
I honestly wasn't sure if I was going to manage this. My goal was to have 365 orgasms in 2018. As of right now, I am sitting at 364 with about 7 hours remaining. I will be having my last orgasm of the year very soon and this goal will be complete. I will write more in detail about this experience soon, but for now we can call it a success!!!

Looking forward to 2019

This year, I think I think I am going to take some advice from minimarshmellow and instead of choosing big changes to focus on, I am going to choose a few small, specific things to change. Little things that will make a big difference in my happiness. With that being said, here are my goals for 2019:

1. Eat less sugar.
I want to make healthier choices this year. Instead of eating chocolate or desserts everyday, I want to try and cut this in half for 2019.

2. Spend more alone time with Mr. Devious.
I want to focus on "us" more. I want to do this by having one date night a month together. Where we turn off our phones, and focus on each other for 4 or more hours.

3. Have more sexy time.
Not only is this important because we want to try and start a family, but I think it really helps keep us connected. It doesn't even have to be overly kinky sexy time, just ordinary sex is great. I want to try and commit to doing this at this two times a week together.

4. Read more.
I want to read more often. I have a stack of books that I have never even opened and I want to read them. The problem is the pesky TV sucks me in and then it is too late to read. I want to force myself to turn off my screens and read for at least an hour a week.

5. More orgasms this year!
Last year I managed to do 365 orgasms in 365 days, this year I want to beat that, if even by 1. I think orgasms are good for my spirit, my pain and my mood.

6. Start my own website.
This is something that Jaro and I are already working on, but I want to put more effort into it over the next few months. I want my own place to be able to blog. I lost my "safe place" this year, and I want to reclaim it.

7. Save money
I would like to commit to saving $50-100 per month in a savings account so that at the end of the year, Mr. Devious and I can use it for something fun.

I think that is all for now. 7 is a lucky number afterall. Over all, I want to focus on some small, positive changes to make my life more positive.

Happy New Year friends. I hope your 2019 is a magical, peaceful and positive year.
Views 1920 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    All good stuff! As always I'm wishing you every success with your goals, both alone and together.

Read more things! TV is overrated!
  2. Old Comment
    Happy New Year! I hope you are successful in all of your goals for 2019!
    Posted 01-01-2019 at 08:15 AM by minimarshmellow minimarshmellow is offline
  3. Old Comment
    Happy New Year!!!! Have a great one!
  4. Old Comment
    Happy new year, and great you made your orgasm goal. Really happy for you.

Happy new year