Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Memoirs of a Dork

I have a lot of things I should talk about and it is easier for me to do that on a random website to a bunch of strangers. You can comment on my stuff or not, but the majority of my blog posts will be personal things that are difficult for me to talk about out loud.
Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Feelings are Stupid

Posted 04-19-2016 at 07:23 AM by techiegirl
Tags kinky, rants, techie

Ask anyone. 0/10 would recommend. Unfortunately, I'm an extremely emotional person. Didn't use to be, but over time I can easily become a sobbing mess, over ice cream no less (don't ask).

BDSM lets me forget about those feelings. Maybe that's not the healthiest thing in the world, but I'm extremely done with being constantly anxious and upset. It's exhausting. So, for the first time in two months, I play with someone who makes me forget everything. It's awesome I'm telling you.

But when I'm not being dominated, the question arises on whether or not it's a good thing. Yes, it's making me forget the pain I'm feeling, but shouldn't I face that pain? Shouldn't I try and work past that instead of pushing it aside?

Thoughts for another day I suppose. Submission is beautiful and for once in the last few months, I feel amazing. How is that a bad thing?
Posted in Personal, Scenes
Views 3438 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    This whole "facing your pain" thing is overrated. If you were admitted to a hospital with an injury, the first thing they give you are pain-killers to reduce the pain. The reason is not just for the patient comfort - physical pain initiates the release of stress hormones like adrenaline and cortisol. These hormones are good in the short term - if you are being attacked by a sabre-toothed tiger, these hormones will give you the energy you need to run away. However, when you are in constant pain, these hormones elevate blood pressure, increase blood glucose levels, etc.

The strange thing is - painful, depressing emotions and anxiety elicit the release of the same stress hormones. So this "facing your pain" damages your body over time.

If BDSM helps you forget your emotional distress - go for it. It is a much healthier choice than alcohol, pharmaceuticals or street drugs - which people eventually gavitate to, if they have no other choice. You are fortunate that you have discovered what helps you overcome those emotions.

So no - submission is not a bad thing. As you have discovered, it is a beautiful thing.
  2. Old Comment
    <3 loved this blog my twin
  3. Old Comment
    Actually I found facing the pain, isn't always the healthiest.

Sometimes the best way to get rid of pain is to do something that helps you forget.

Think about this way, everyone feels pain and goes through it but eventually they forget it.

So in a way it's human nature to find ways to forget about pain.
  4. Old Comment
    Facing and working through your issues is healthy - but it's no good to be in a state of distress, sorrow, or frustration 24/7! Taking breaks to let go is often critical for healing. If you feel better during and after the session, your mind has time to rest. That, in turn, will eventually help you figure out what to do with the bigger issues. It sounds like you're doing exactly the right thing for yourself.