Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Slutty Princess

Thoughts, Rants, Opinions, Tales, and Musings of a Princess.
Rate this Entry

The Power Of Music

Posted 02-07-2016 at 01:09 PM by The Slutty Princess

Music has an power unlike anything else. Music has always been an important part of my life, whether it is listening to it aimlessly for hours on end, playing my piano or guitar, and even writing and singing songs. Through my many years of life, music has been there nearly everyday. It surrounds us. You hear it while shopping, in the car, at work, at restaurants, and many more places. Music is not just there for entertainment, it has a bigger influence. Music has a certain power to it, it can change your behavior and mood unlike anything else. Music can not only change your emotions but it can change your entire mood. Sometimes I find myself having a bad day. Music is my escape. Just by blasting my headphones, strumming my fingers, or even pounding keys, I can find joy. Ever since I began playing the piano and guitar and really listening to the meaning of songs, I have taken a huge impact from the music and I am grateful for everything it has and will teach me. I forget all my worries and I am fulfilled by the emotion of the music, whether that is a sad, joyful, or romantic song. Music helps you concentrate and motivates you at the same time. I can’t work out without music, it is not the same. I need that catchy tune buzzing in my eyes to motivate me to continue working. I don’t know how many times I find myself feeling lazy, not wanting to do a certain project or homework that was assigned but after I put on headphones, I find the motivation to do it. The power is unreal. Music is the one thing the world shares in common. You can go anywhere and hear the same music. Music has the power to unite us together or drive us apart. My relationship has never felt so great. Nothing feels better than playing music with someone you love, sharing the same, joyful emotions they do, and signing along. Music also you to express yourself or it can allow you to escape whether it is for a minute or two or for however long you need it. Every time I find myself in a bad situation, music pushes me through it. Everyone has that one song that reminds them of a person they love, of a past memory or experience whether it is bad or joyful, or a song that motivates them, a song that can flip their mood. Songs can describe your life and emotions. Musicians have this power that touches so many without them even knowing it. Whether music instills love, joy, sadness, anger, fear, or motivation, it will always be there for you when you need it. I think of music as my best friend. So I ask, what is your song?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 699 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    A soundtrack - never a single song. A mood, a memory... And when a memory is a song... Like walking out of the front doors of my high school on a warm spring day... A transistor radio playing amongst a group of girls... "I like dreaming" by Kenny Nolan plays in my mind as clearly now as that memory was formed years ago... Thanks for sharing Lia!
  2. Old Comment
    As far as my eyes can see
    There are shadows approaching me
    And to those I left behind
    I wanted you to know
    You've always shared my deepest thoughts
    You follow where I go

[CHORUS]
    And oh when I'm old and wise
    Bitter words mean little to me
    Autumn winds will blow right through me
    And someday in the mist of time
    When they asked me if I knew you
    I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine
    And the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
    Oh when I'm old and wise

There are shadows surrounding me
    And to those I leave behind
    I want you all to know
    You've always shared my darkest hours
    I'll miss you when I go

[CHORUS]
    And oh, when I'm old and wise
    Heavy words that tossed and blew me
    Like autumn winds will blow right through me
    And someday in the mist of time
    When they ask you if you knew me
    Remember that you were a friend of mine
    As the final curtain falls before my eyes
    Oh when I'm old and wise

3. Old Comment
    Music, is that support in so many ways. Music, is that powerful tool in which we all have found in our lives. The faith and feelings in which we all have found in music, is that one song or songs that bring tears to the eyes. For me, it is a mixer of songs that are in my life. The first song is by the group called The Guess Who, and it is called "These Eyes." That song is a oldie and the meaning is of how I was dealing with living my life daily. My health was a challenge and seeing through my eyes was not easy at times. I was dealing with understanding. Then that song called "You Are Not Alone. " I cannot remember who sings it, but those words were strong moral support.
  4. Old Comment
    As you said, music is extremely powerful. At first I was thinking of just a couple favorite songs, but instead I'll share a few of the songs I have a stronger emotional connection with. I won't waste time with explanations for each, so I'll just list some of the ones I can think of. These are all more low-key (and often more sad/depressing) than what I usually listen to, so it's more a collection of what I have connected with throughout the years.
    • "Aqueous Transmission", "Echo", "11am", and "Just a Phase" by Incubus
    • "Out Loud", "Carry You", and "Bridges" (and pretty much everything else) by Dispatch
    • "Home", "Miracle", and "Friend of a Friend" by Foo Fighters
    • "Intro" and "Crystallized" by The xx
    • "Guess I'm Doing Fine" and "Lost Cause" by Beck
    • "Generator First Floor" by Freelance Whales
    • "Grand Optimist" by City and Colour
    • "Soldier On" and "Down River" by The Temper Trap
    • "Falling Slowly" by The Swell Season (from the movie Once if you ever saw it)
    • "The Funeral" by Band of Horses
    • "We Are the Tide" by Blind Pilot
    • "Sideways" by Citizen Cope
    • "Zzyzx Road" by Stone Sour

I'm sure I could add a lot more, but I'll stop there haha hopefully there aren't too many sad ones thrown in there. That isn't necessarily a great representation of what I like listening to on a day to day basis, but I hope you get some enjoyment out of these, or at least a little bit of different music (no idea what you like or connect with). But anyway, enjoy. Let me know if any do resonate, now I'm curious.