Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Lokelake's I don't know

Rating: 2 votes, 1.50 average.

I think what Blizzard is doing is Kind of Cool

Posted 07-26-2010 at 06:52 PM by lokelake

While it does not concern me at all, it will be great for many, upon many other people (social wise). The new Battle.net is going to be the main gaming area (for Blizz's SC2, WoW: Cata, and D3) on top of that, it will also be a social area. People can talk to their friends while playing two totally separate games, SC 2 and WoW. Not sure about D3, but I am assuming people will be able to do that too.

People can also add their FB friends on B.Net and can chat to their friends.

I guess there is a chat room kind of thing on B.Net. That will be cool, the only thing is, I don't know if Blizz backed off of that or not.

So from using B.Net while playing SC2, I do like it, but I have no idea if that is how it will look for WoW: Cata and D3 (the B.Net interface)

I do like how B.Net 2.0 is for both gaming and social stuff.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1539 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    No, it's complete fail because it's separated by region. Blizzard doesn't seem to understand that the Internet is meant to bring everyone together, not segregate by where you actually live.

(Since I bought SC2 and WoW from the same shop, one sits me on SEAsia servers the other on US, meaning I can't talk to friends from across games. Awesome, right?)
  2. Old Comment
    @Leo

But Blizzard solved that problem by buying the US version of SC 2.

We can hope they will change that when the entire game is out.
  3. Old Comment
    So all of Australia should have to buy from overseas in order to be able to talk to Australian realm players on WoW?

The system is awful. If they'd just combine RealID across all regions (you know, the way every other chat system on the Internet works) it'd be great. Although RealID itself is a pretty retarded concept, forcing you to use your real name instead of an online handle.

Their solution to the AU problem is that in 60 days we get free US accounts and can download the US client. It's a fine Blizzard solution they've been doing a lot of lately called "backpeddling" like their brilliant idea to force all forum users, both WoW and SCII, to use their real names to post.

Don't get me wrong, I love their games, but most of their decisions lately have been truly awful.
  4. Old Comment
    Yep. Have the rest of Asia friends and European friends? You better start buying the game from those regions now,

At least they stopped with that stupid RealID crap.

Chat rooms will come, I just hope it will come out before WoW: Cata.

I played many, many matches so far and I am not done!