Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 14 votes, 4.14 average.

getDare's Democratic Royal Court

Posted 08-30-2018 at 10:41 AM by Butterfly
Updated 08-30-2018 at 11:41 AM by Butterfly

A few years ago, ispuds ran the official getDare Presidential Election. Lola.fox won (by a very slim margin) and became the first getDare president. She has done such a wonderful job that we couldn't possible think of removing her from her position. Instead, I think it is time that getDare elects an official King and Queen!

That's right, I said elects. For getDare is a democracy, and the people of getDare should get to choose their King and Queen.

So how does this work?

Nominations
All candidates MUST be nominated by somebody else. You cannot self nominate. So if you have a friend, partner or even just somebody you look up to who you think would be perfect for this title, feel free to nominate them in the comments of this blog. Of course, all nominees have the right to turn down the nomination.

Deadline to nominate: September 10, 2018

Queen or King?
Each nominee may only run for one position. The reason we are choosing a Queen and King is to try and keep the votes fair. Last time we saw that the woman won by a landslide and had a clear advantage. That being said, we want to be as fair and inclusive as possible, so if you are nominated, please feel free to choose which role you feel most comfortable fulfilling.

Campaigns
After all of the candidates have been nominated and accepted, the campaigns will begin. An official campaign thread will be opened to announce the candidates and begin the bartering and bantering to secure votes.

Each candidate will be required to post a blog introducing themselves to getDare, explaining why they should win and outlining their campaign. Just like any political election, the candidates are encouraged to promote themselves, slander their opponents (playfully and harmlessly) and make "promises" (ie. spankings, tasks, etc.) to the members of getDare.

All promises and deals MUST be fulfilled when the election ends. The candidates can choose to make these deals privately, or post public offers. The promises can be based on the condition of winning (ie. If I win I will ...), or simply cost a vote (ie. For every vote I receive I will ... or If you vote for me I will ...).

Each candidate can recruit up to three members to join their campaign team. The campaign team may also provide promises and offers to secure votes. They must also be fulfilled after the voting has ended.

Forfeits

Once each nominee has accepted, they must send an PM to the official Royal Court Advisor (that's me!) with a forfeit. This forfeit can be anything at all: an edge bank, a certain length of denial, a photo idea for exposure etc. If the candidate does not win, they will need to go forward with their forfeit. Forfeits will remain private until the voting has ended.

Election
The vote will happen on October 1 and will remain open for 7 days. Two separate polls will be opened.

The Winners
The winners will:
  • Be allowed to choose a custom title
  • Gain entry to the Dungeon for a two month reign
  • Have the power to assign 1000 edges and 1000 spanks divided amongst the election losers
  • Fulfill all promises and offers that they negotiated, both publicly and privately, in their campaign
  • And will have the ultimate bragging rights!

The Losers
The losers (anybody who is not the two winners) will:
  • Write a concession blog congratulating the winner on their victory
  • Complete the edges and/or spanks assigned to them by the winner before being allowed their next orgasm
  • Complete their forfeit and report on it in the official election thread
  • Fulfill all promises and offers that they negotiated based on VOTES only (ie. For every person who votes for me, I will edge once)

Who should be our Queen and King???
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 12447 Comments 78
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 78

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfly View Comment
    Please keep it to one nomination a person. Even if that person declines. And dont specify king or queen as that is the person who accepts decision. They may choose which category suites then best.

No, I am not going to place a limit on how many people can be in the running, however if there are more than 5 or 6 for each category then I will probably have a prelimanary vote to try and get the pool smaller as I think that will be easier to manage.

All nominees have until Sept 10 to accept. I will post a list soon with who has been nominated so far and mark whether they have accepted or declined.

Whoops... I started the trend of nominating one for each category. I'm sorry...
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LitDarkness View Comment
    I don't know if I could accept this or not since you already nominated someone though he declined.

I would have to think on it anyhow. Haven't been active lately.
    I nominated IHeartFun for Ly Ph first in that post too, who has yet to respond. I understand

Quote:
    All nominees have until Sept 10 to accept. I will post a list soon with who has been nominated so far and mark whether they have accepted or declined.
    Gosh, that list almost makes me want to change and accept. Almost.
    Updated 08-31-2018 at 08:22 PM by Joan Sky
  3. Old Comment
    I will accept all nominations as they stand but going forward please only nominate one person.

Also anybody who is nominated and has already declined or accepted can change their mind up to Sept 10.
  4. Old Comment
    Also if the person you have nominated hasn't responded to this blog, please send them a PM to let them know. If I haven't heard by Sept 7 or 8 I'll send a PM as well.
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Also anybody who is nominated and has already declined or accepted can change their mind up to Sept 10.
    Quote:
    Also if the person you have nominated hasn't responded to this blog, please send them a PM to let them know. If I haven't heard by Sept 7 or 8 I'll send a PM as well.
    The office getDare Royal Advisor does a fine job, I must say!
    Quote:
    Please keep it to one nomination a person. Even if that person declines. And dont specify king or queen as that is the person who accepts decision. They may choose which category suites then best.

Hmm... I read it over again and may change my decision to Accept based on two things:

1. nina@ accepts her nomination if she isn't too busy etc.

and

2. because she is a fine queen already, if I get to run as getDare King. Might be a long shot, but a lottery's chance is still a chance, of being crowned with her #soWorthit

P.S. I know what some may think... but the Queen piece is stronger than the King is, in chess

To be determined...
    Updated 08-31-2018 at 10:33 PM by Joan Sky
  6. Old Comment
    Joanna, In my opinion you can't run as king if you identify as female as it is unfair for the guys and this category was created solely to address to the problem that females get more attention

Secondly you are free to decide to contest for the queen irrespective of my decision to run or not.

Thanks Butterfly for the reply. I will let you know what I decide within the deadline.
    Updated 09-03-2018 at 02:13 AM by nina@
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nina@ View Comment
    Joanna, In my opinion you can't run as king if you identify as female as it is unfair for the guys and this category was created solely to address to the problem that females get more attention

Secondly you are free to decide to contest for the queen irrespective of my decision to run or not and even as my competitor if I choose to run as it would be fun and the fact that you are my sub isn't a barrier in that case.

Thanks Butterfly for the reply. I will let you know what I decide within the deadline.
    I understand. I didn't mean to be unfair. Sorry everyone.

A girl can dream, huh?

If you choose to run then maybe I'll join as one of your three campaign staff, to be your Campaign Media Manager.

I am Joan Sky getDare News Reporter after all
    Updated 08-31-2018 at 11:55 PM by Joan Sky
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by suballyzon View Comment
    Well I just stumbled across here and I saw your reply. So I'll nominate Matt for the King position.
    Thank you for nominating me, however I will have to decline, as I really don't think I'd make a very good king.
  9. Old Comment
    @Switch Lucy: Many thanks. But I have to refuse since I am already overwhelmed by my to do list.
  10. Old Comment
    Quote:
    I'll nominate Lyph for Queen
    I think its unlikely I could win but hey it could be fun along the way. I will accept.
  11. Old Comment
    Sent a PM to Jaro to make sure he's aware that he's been nominated.
  12. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joan Sky View Comment
    I understand. I didn't mean to be unfair. Sorry everyone.

A girl can dream, huh?

If you choose to run then maybe I'll join as one of your three campaign staff, to be your Campaign Media Manager.

I am Joan Sky getDare News Reporter after all
    If you choose to decline your nomination you can always be the official royal news reported and interview all of the candidates?
  13. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Matt: View Comment
    Thank you for nominating me, however I will have to decline, as I really don't think I'd make a very good king.
    I accept you declining, but I disagree with your reasoning!
  14. Old Comment
    Nominees so far:

lilith_ - ACCEPTED
    LPV
    Butterfly
    Jaro
    Mr. Devious
    Kurious Kat
    Nina@
    Joan Sky
    Marissa353
    Unidentified
    IHeartFun
    AbusiveMaster - DECLINED
    MarvHarvey
    Matt: - DECLINED
    Ly ph - ACCEPTED
    Cassandra - DECLINED
    Sain
    Kila
    LitDarkness
    Littlemissslave

You have until September 10 to accept or decline. You may also change your mind up until that date as well!
    Updated 09-01-2018 at 12:41 PM by Butterfly
  15. Old Comment
    I nominate littemissslave, she is always so welcoming to everyone in chat.
  16. Old Comment
    Quote:
    If you choose to decline your nomination you can always be the official royal news reported and interview all of the candidates?
    Sounds like fun.

Joan Sky Official Royal News Reporter

May the best (wo)man win!

Will strive to be impartial, objective, and neutral as all news is supposed to be. I am Switzerland!

Still deciding on everything. Will let you know. Thanks Butterfly
    Updated 09-01-2018 at 01:52 PM by Joan Sky
  17. Old Comment
    ^--- I really wish I could put a "LIKE" on that. LOL I can only wonder with anticipation as to what the News Report blog posts will be like!
  18. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blue Fox View Comment
    ^--- I really wish I could put a "LIKE" on that. LOL I can only wonder with anticipation as to what the News Report blog posts will be like!
    Thanks Blue Fox

I can only wonder oftentimes too. Most of what I do is created in the moment usually from start to finish in one sitting. I follow my heart and inspiration and am often pleasantly surprised by the results, because even though I expect well it often surpasses my expectations, which is wonderful. It is a blessing I appreciate and share...

Still deciding what to do, but I appreciate you all <3
    Updated 09-01-2018 at 07:31 PM by Joan Sky
  19. Old Comment
    This is a great idea and I'd like to nominate Miss Icey, aka IceMaiden for Queen!

I'm just within temptation to make her the Ice Queen.
  20. Old Comment
    I would like to nominate Mr. Devious and Butterfly

<3
  21. Old Comment
    Ok sorry for spamming (as I can't delete comment once made), still thinking and changing my mind.. will let you know within deadline
    Updated 09-02-2018 at 08:51 AM by nina@
  22. Old Comment
    I am far too busy and can't keep up on the gD stuff I have going on therefore as much as I'd love to run and win im gonna have to kindly decline.

Thanks for support!!!!
  23. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Thanks suballyzon

Lol, amusing as always

Since Abusive Master declined, I nominate LitDarkness for getDare King.
    I will accept if you agree to be on my campaign team.
  24. Old Comment
    Quote:
    I will accept if you agree to be on my campaign team.
    Joan Sky getDare Queen nominee
    Joan Sky getDare News Reporter
    nina@ Campaign Media Manager
    LitDarkness Campaign Team Member (1/3)

The possibilities are endless. Deeply honored.

I was pretty helpful in you winning that thread against Matt, even though Switch Lucy magnificently blindsided him with the tiebreaker vote, and put the cherry on top, lol

Sweet cherry pie

I have much to think about. Will inform my decision after adequate contemplation. Thank you all.
    Updated 09-02-2018 at 07:18 PM by Joan Sky
  25. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Joan Sky getDare News Reporter
    nina@ Campaign Media Manager
    LitDarkness Campaign Team Member (1/3)

The possibilities are endless. Deeply honored.

I was pretty helpful in you winning that thread against Matt, even though Switch Lucy magnificently blindsided him with the tiebreaker vote, and put the cherry on top, lol

Sweet cherry pie

I have much to think about. Will inform my decision after adequate contemplation. Thank you all.
    Yes, you were and Switch Lucy was surprising with that. So, I accept the nomination.