Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rate this Entry

What would you do? Advice appreciated.

Posted 08-11-2011 at 09:14 PM by Manbearpig

I know I have been relatively quiet all summer. I have been busy. Let me rephrase that, busy with work. I have been working anywhere between 24-50 hours a week. So needless to say any chance at a true social life. That being said, it hasn't been all bad.

As I briefly alluded to the other day in one of my blog posts, I did have a first date with a girl who I am good friends with. Much better friends than the one I had my sights on last year if you all remember. The problem is, between my crazy life of work and her travels, there hasn't been that much chance to really hang. We did go out on an informal date this week and really had a good time.

This is where the problem arises. Summer is almost over. We both go to school in the middle of next week. I think I have a chance to maybe get a second, maybe more formal date early next week. I also really want to tell her how I feel. I have two feelings to this however. On one hand, if I feel that if I don't this, I really don't know what could happen. I could let the situation slip away from me, and I rather not have a repeat situation of last winter all over again. It might be the best chance I have in a while, and it may also feel that my summer was a failure because I couldn't do this one simple thing. On the other hand, I feel that it may already be too late. Why tell a girl this on the last day of summer? Maybe it's just all the old John Cougar Mellencamp songs I listen too, but isn't love about having a summer fling? Why tell a girl how you really feel ON THE LAST DAY OF SUMMER? Albeit, it isn't like our schools are far away. Far from it. A very short trip. But at the same time, what might be a short car ride is still lightyears away. It just feels to me, anyways, that I would be doing her a disservice if I did this the wrong way.

So, if you managed to follow the complete situation and read all the way through, thank you . It means a lot. If you have any suggestions, it would be much appreciated. I have wanted to write about this for a few days now, but just haven't had time. I am going to be chilling with some friends this weekend, and might ask for their help. If I have time, I will keep you updated.

Thanks again for your help and until next time,

MBP
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1062 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I didn't see what happened MBP but if you really like this girl then I reckon you should go for it - life is full of missed opportunities, so the question is whether you want to look back and wonder "what if" for the rest of your life. If it doesn't work out 'cos of the distance then at least you gave it a shot.
  2. Old Comment
    I think you should definitely try for the second date, and depending on how this goes, decide whether to tell her you like her at some point during this

The worst that happens is she doesn't feel the same way, which is not great, but this would have pretty much the same outcome as if you don't tell her at all, and you have the advantage of knowing- rather than looking back and wishing you'd told her.

As for long distance relationships, sure they're not exactly easy- but is better to try and fail than not to try at all