Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Planning a wedding

Posted 04-03-2016 at 03:57 PM by Butterfly

A couple people have been encouraging me to write a blog about some of our wedding plans. I have been trying pretty hard to not talk too much about wedding stuff because it is too easy for it to become all consuming, but I will pour it all out here for those who want to know and those who don't can just ignore it.

Date:
May 6, 2017

Theme:
Our theme is going to be .... *drum roll* ... BUTTERFLIES! I know, surprise surprise! But actually it is going to be a garden/butterfly theme. I am picturing colorful, lots of greenery, and lots of butterflies!

Colors
I think our main two colors are going to be pink and grey. However, I want it to be colorful, so our secondary colors will be light blue and purple.

Venue:
We have finally chosen a venue. We will be getting married at a hotel close to where we live. The ceremony will take inside in the garden atrium at 3:00 which will be followed by a cocktail hour. The reception and dinner will begin in the ballroom at 7:00.

Bridal Party
We are each going to have 4 attendees each with a flower girl and ring bearer. The boys are going to wear grey. The flower girl will wear butterfly wings and a colorful tutu. Instead of a ring pillow, our ring bearer is going to have a butterfly net with the rings tied to it. As for my girls ... I haven't quite decided what they are going to wear. I am not really picky so I am ok with them wearing different style of dresses or different colors. My two main ideas are:

Pink ombre

OR

Pastel mismatched

Centerpieces
I am going to do potted plants with butterfly garden decorations sticking in them. Also, instead of table numbers, I am naming each table a name of a butterfly and the names will be on sticks in the potted plants.

Favors
We are going to have shot glasses with our names and date on them (I collect shot glasses). I also want to make these:

Misc.
- We are going to have bubbles as we walk down the aisle after saying "I do"
- We are going to write our own vows. But they are going to be silly and sweet rather than serious and traditional.
- We are doing a first look prior to the ceremony so that we get to have our own special moment and hopefully to stop me from crying as I walk down the aisle.
- Our guest book is going to be a fingerprint tree:

- I will be dancing with my mom as my dad and I do not have a relationship.
- We are possibly going to do a butterfly release after the ceremony.

Want to help???
I would love to hear suggestions about things like:
- Music: ceremony, first dance, cake cutting, bouquet toss, garter toss, mother/son dance, mother/daughter dance.
- Vow ideas.
- Decorations: head table, tables, etc.
- Cocktail hour activities
- Flowers
- Cake/cupcakes

I'd love to hear any ideas or comments you would like to share.

« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    This is fantastic! I am so excited for you two!

I have two suggestions: for flowers, tulips, daisies, and sweet peas all come in very pretty colours if that's what you're going for, and they should be in season for your wedding; for music, if you two have any favourite songs, you could check out instrumental covers - my cousin and his wife got a string quartet version of Crazy Little Thing Called Love to walk down the aisle to, and it fit them perfectly and was gorgeous (there were a few Beatles songs included throughout the day too, if I remember correctly).

Your wedding is going to be amazing. I'm so impressed with all the planning you've already done.
    Posted 04-03-2016 at 09:26 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by naughtylittlegirl View Comment
    This is fantastic! I am so excited for you two!

I have two suggestions: for flowers, tulips, daisies, and sweet peas all come in very pretty colours if that's what you're going for, and they should be in season for your wedding; for music, if you two have any favourite songs, you could check out instrumental covers - my cousin and his wife got a string quartet version of Crazy Little Thing Called Love to walk down the aisle to, and it fit them perfectly and was gorgeous (there were a few Beatles songs included throughout the day too, if I remember correctly).

Your wedding is going to be amazing. I'm so impressed with all the planning you've already done.
    I will make note of the flowers. Thank you so much! "Our" song seems to be "Bubbly" by Colbie Collait. But I don't think I want that as our first dance song. I think I might play that after we get married and are walking back down the aisle and everybody is blowing bubbles. Otherwise we don't really have a lot of songs that are meaningful to us. We are both so different when it comes to music, so I just want something pretty and sweet.

Thanks so much! I can't wait!!!!