Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Memoirs of a Dork

I have a lot of things I should talk about and it is easier for me to do that on a random website to a bunch of strangers. You can comment on my stuff or not, but the majority of my blog posts will be personal things that are difficult for me to talk about out loud.
Rate this Entry

Sleeping Beauty

Posted 12-02-2015 at 11:55 PM by techiegirl

I've probably mentioned this before, but I have insomnia. Or at least, symptoms of it. A neurologist said I don't go deep enough into sleep, which is one of the reasons why I'm so tired all the time.

My mind also tends to run wild when it should be shutting down for a nice night of rest.

Sinister mentioned it in his most recent blog, that I have been taking a lot of naps, and I mean a lot. Which is rather ridiculous considering I hate taking naps, but I just can't seem to stay awake.

Now, being sick probably doesn't help my case, but I've kind of decided on a theory, which may seem stupid but whatever.

I tend to be anxious, scared, and just overall uneasy when I try to sleep, which results in me spending several hours trying to slip into a restless sleep. But now I can sleep while talking to Sinister, my wonderful, caring, and adorable Dominant. And I've never felt more safe. I enjoy sleeping when he's online because I'm never worried, which is kind of new.

So, I think I've been sleeping so much because I finally feel good when I'm asleep. I haven't felt good or safe or cared for since I was a kid. It's a lovely feeling that I didn't even know I missed. So, I think I'm constantly going into a state of unconsciousness because I have a lot of good sleeps to catch up on and that can only really happen when I'm talking to Sinister.
Posted in Personal
Views 2045 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I was just reading an article today about sleep debt and how it builds up until one day we just crash and either get sick so we have to sleep or we have a mental breakdown. I'm sorry you are sick but I'm glad it is giving you the opportunity to get some sleep. I know the feeling of finally feeling safe and cozy and able to let go and I'm glad you have found it.