Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > >.>

duhmmm...
Rate this Entry

What is maturity?

Posted 08-24-2008 at 11:17 PM by Knots101

I have always thought of myself as true to myself and mature when it counts. But the thought came to me tonight, what is maturity? They say it is the time when you smarten up and start acting like a real man/Women but isn't this not being true to yourself? And therefore maturity is never fully accomplished. Or i have heard "Maturity is acting your own age", now let me prove this wrong. My grandmother, (love her to bits) she is 76, now she is considered "Mature" now she is 76 but she acts 30, she is more active then my parents. So she is not acting her age, she travels around the world, party's, works out, etc. So by this standard she is immature because she is being true to herself by living her life how she wants to. So i believe maturity is only accomplished when you stop and think "Who am i really?" and you reconise your true self and live by that, not by what others think you should, but by how you want to live yourself. Then you are being mature enough to reconise the reality of your life.

So we return to my initial question

" what is maturity? "

tell me what you think maturity is to you.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1271 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Maturity is learning that volume knobs go to the left as well as to the right.
  2. Old Comment
    Lol hampers... I'm not mature then
  3. Old Comment
    Understanding of other people and the world around you as well as acknowledgement of certain things.
  4. Old Comment
    Apparently i havent reached maturity, myself! Really, i think im okay, its everyone else that has grown up to be smartasses or they would be like me. Everyone wants to be like me.
  5. Old Comment
    you confuse me A