Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
  1. Old Comment

My journey with gags

I'm so happy you are able to trust me enough to help you on this journey together. I have enjoyed being there for you and helping you grow past things you couldn't do before.

Surprising someone is fun, especially your Sub. Surprising someone with something you have never talked about is not. Anyone who ever plays with me will know I will try everything I plan to use on a Sub before hand on myself. New shock device? I shocked my balls with it first. New collar? I put it on first. Nipple clamps? Put those bad boys on. Not only do you need to experience what you are going to put someone through but you also need to listen. Do I have a higher pain tolerance? Is there something about this my sub will find frightening that doesn't phase me? Being a Dom is so much more then being in control. Your Sub is lending you their control so you can play with it and torture them within their limits. Pushing limits if properly discussed and in a good environment is fine but what that person did is so far from fine.

I love you my Butterfly <3

P.s The spider gag isn't that large... :P
  2. Old Comment

My journey with gags

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pluky View Comment
    What happens in a top's mind when they suddenly decide to surprise you with a limit ? Do they go from dom to abuser ? Was the blog about gags already posted and maybe inspired him to try something (stupid) he thought would work ?
    I have no idea, but reflecting on it after with other kinky friends, I realized that it did cross into abuse. This was a man from my local kink community, we had discussed many items from my blog but he knew how big of a deal it was, and that we would need to have a discussion before we did anything.
  3. Old Comment

My journey with gags

What happens in a top's mind when they suddenly decide to surprise you with a limit ? Do they go from dom to abuser ? Was the blog about gags already posted and maybe inspired him to try something (stupid) he thought would work ?
  4. Old Comment

My journey with gags

Quote:
    I assume you never played with that person again ? Is there no way to use a safe word in the gagged situation ?
    No, I never played with him again ever. I was too intimidated and shocked to use a safeword, even if I could. I was panicking and he was SO much bigger than me. I was terrified. Unfortunately fight flight or freeze kicked in and it was freeze for me at that time.

Also we had never discussed using the gag. It was still firmly planted in my limits at that time. So we never discussed a non-verbal safeword.
    Updated 02-20-2023 at 08:37 PM by Butterfly
  5. Old Comment

My journey with gags

I assume you never played with that person again ? Is there no way to use a safe word in the gagged situation ?
  6. Old Comment

Poly Love

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Champion4Ever View Comment
    I guess it stems from insecurity that I may not be giving them what they need. However I did touch on the subject with a friend recently and although they didn't go into great detail, I think we both agreed that communication was imperative.
    I definetly think that 90% of any jealousy that I might feel stems from my own insecurities. However, it is my personal belief that one person isn't and *can't* be responsible for filling all of my needs.

Quote:
    My experience has been with a sub wanting to Domme/Top someone else, which to me is a different type of dynamic so I can more easily not feel so worried/jealous if that makes sense?

I think my biggest concern would be if my sub needed alternative dominance. Like a kink that they felt I was not able to administer at or an emotional connection they were not able to get from me as their Dom. I think would really struggle with that aspect.
    I think this makes a lot of sense. I personally can only have one Dom (or at least one dynamic that I submit to - there can be multiple people who work together). It is just too messy for me to try and deal with different sets of rules and expectations from different people. However, if there ever was a kink that I wanted to try and my Dom wasn't into it, or not experienced, then I would talk to him and hope he would be happy with me exploring it as a bottom, outside of any dynamic.

I have actually done that exactly with needle play. I have also done one-off scenes with other tops and bottoms at play parties etc. when I didn't have an in person Dom.

Quote:
    But as I say, any type of poly relationship would be fairly new to me. As with anything new I would need time and lots of communication to feel secure. I really appreciate your post and opening my eyes a little to a more complex yet seemingly more love filled experience <3
    I am always more than happy to answer questions or guide you if you ever want to talk about it more.
  7. Old Comment

Poly Love

Butterfly thank you!!!

I really value learning about others experiences/outlooks especially on subjects I have little/no experience in.

As a naturally monogamous person, I have always struggled with the thought of a close primary partner having an intimate relationships outside our dynamic. It hasn't come up much but I'm sure it may do at some point.

I guess it stems from insecurity that I may not be giving them what they need. However I did touch on the subject with a friend recently and although they didn't go into great detail, I think we both agreed that communication was imperative.

Communication shines brightly in your example. Everyone knowing each others relationship to you and how you all fit in to the "family" is a lovely way to look at it.

My experience has been with a sub wanting to Domme/Top someone else, which to me is a different type of dynamic so I can more easily not feel so worried/jealous if that makes sense?

I think my biggest concern would be if my sub needed alternative dominance. Like a kink that they felt I was not able to administer at or an emotional connection they were not able to get from me as their Dom. I think would really struggle with that aspect.

But as I say, any type of poly relationship would be fairly new to me. As with anything new I would need time and lots of communication to feel secure. I really appreciate your post and opening my eyes a little to a more complex yet seemingly more love filled experience <3
    Posted 02-18-2023 at 07:01 PM by DeepInnerFreak DeepInnerFreak is offline
  8. Old Comment

Poly Love

Thanks for posting this. It's always valuable and appreciated to gain insight into how others make the incredible variety of kink relationships work.
  9. Old Comment

Butterfly's Recordings

Thank you lovely!
  10. Old Comment

Butterfly's Recordings

I just skimmed through that spanking recording, that was amazing 😍
  11. Old Comment

Kinky Bucket List 2023

Great list! Good luck accomplishing them!
  12. Old Comment

Kinky Bucket List 2023

That is quite a list. I hope you get to do as many of them as possible.
  13. Old Comment

Collared

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaro View Comment
    That's really awesome, I am so happy for you Miss! And your Dom is very lucky to own you!
    Thank you my lovely little worm.
  14. Old Comment

Collared

Quote:
    I like that it doesn't look tight, they usually look uncomfortable. And congrats
    I can't handle the feeling of it being too tight. Even just wearing a hoodie around my neck drives me insane.
  15. Old Comment

Collared

That's really awesome, I am so happy for you Miss! And your Dom is very lucky to own you!
  16. Old Comment

Collared

I like that it doesn't look tight, they usually look uncomfortable. And congrats
  17. Old Comment

Is it even worth it?

I'm a bit selfishly glad I'm not the only one who quickly allows myself to experience this kind of feeling on this site, I thought I was being too intense, you made me feel kinda valide.
  18. Old Comment

Is it even worth it?

All the good experiences we choose to get in life are always worth it, it's not worth looking back and questioning them, enjoy them while they are there and deal with the pain once it's time to, it's the cycle of life and it applies to everything, like having a pet that eventually leaves you or dies, only thing that matters is knowing that you really wanted that thing when you were enjoying it, and fully enjoying the moment in the present.
  19. Old Comment

Is it even worth it?

Gosh, I know what you mean. It is a harsh readjustment for sure. I hope you feel better. Hopefully you two will see each other soon!
  20. Old Comment

The worst

Habe funktioniert, Butterfly
  21. Old Comment

Life update: Finally some good to end the year

OMG I have missed so much, but I am glad all is well. If you are interested in catching up, please let me know.
    Posted 12-04-2022 at 06:49 PM by Wedgiebondagebabe Wedgiebondagebabe is offline
  22. Old Comment

The worst

Sounds like you are in for an adventure
    Posted 12-04-2022 at 06:47 PM by Wedgiebondagebabe Wedgiebondagebabe is offline
  23. Old Comment

The worst

Congrats, I hope you enjoy your time together, that's adorable.
  24. Old Comment

Life update: Finally some good to end the year

Yay!!! So happy for you, comrade! It is very pleasing to hear about all the good things going on in your life. And congrats on that promotion!!!
  25. Old Comment