Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
  1. Old Comment

Butterfly's Matchmaking Service

Interesting stuff Butterfly!
    Lurking around I often come across good ads by people who I feel would completely mesh together but are still looking and feel that they may be less of a lurker than I am...lol
    The process you listed to do so seems sound and hope you make many matches!!
    Updated 01-11-2017 at 04:45 AM by nina@
  2. Old Comment

Thanks guys! Please remember to refer people to me that you come across who are looking for help. I suspect I am going to have more males than females, and more subs than doms.
  3. Old Comment

This is a really nice idea, and it's super nice of you to do it! Anyone would be lucky to discuss and get advice from you, so I hope the people you accept end up being as awesome as you!
  4. Old Comment

This is such a great idea, and also something really nice to do!
    I hope you won't get overrun with replies, because this sounds like something a lot of people might want to use. You're a great person!
  5. Old Comment

Highly recommend Butterfly's services her match making powers since they are how the kids say...Lit.
  6. Old Comment

Going Home!

I am so happy that you are heading home with full of hope and optimism for your future - the new and happy life you are building. Boring old saying: "Home is where the heart is." But it is still around because it is true.

And for you your home, now, is where your heart is, not where you came from. And that is in your new life, where you are returning today after having a look back into the past. You found that going back is no comparison with the future, and your new life - where your heart is.
    Updated 01-10-2017 at 02:24 AM by MarvHarvey (Add missed line, end of 1st para.)
  7. Old Comment

Going Home!

When reading this (and your previous blog) i haud to think back to >>this<< blog of you.
    Ok,.. Its also a bit sad, but what i really read in your new blog,.... Is how you have grown into your new environment compared to back then.
    And.... That is your new live... So... Perfect? (Or at least close?)
  8. Old Comment

Going Home!

Good, I am so glad you are on your way home, and that you've gotten to spend time with the people you miss - and thank God for separation from negativity. So impressed with how you've handled everything, and just thrilled that you are going home <3
    Posted 01-08-2017 at 09:52 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  9. Old Comment

Going Home!

Yay!!! You're finally coming back home to me!
  10. Old Comment

Going Home!

Have a good trip home and an awesome time back home! You're awesome
  11. Old Comment

The logistics of my D/s

Yup Google Docs is great. Google does make good products, even though I still hate them.

And I do like reporting, organizing, making charts...
  12. Old Comment
  13. Old Comment

Going Home!

I'm really sorry about those negatives Miss. But now you are indeed going home and you have your confirmation that you really did find a home. And a great home it is!
  14. Old Comment

The logistics of my D/s

This is a great blog! I recognise a few of these ideas (as you know!), we use Google Docs too - it's great for collaborating, keeps versions, and makes for really good documentation of things I'll definitely discuss with Maxi the ideas here that we haven't tried keeping in Docs yet, so thanks for this blog!
  15. Old Comment

The logistics of my D/s

Great share. You provide a big tool box here, and I can only confirm and emphasize your sayings about communication.

Thank you
  16. Old Comment

The logistics of my D/s

Thanks for sharing this.
    And i can tell you it works somewhat similar for me as well.
    As it looks like i am definitely less structured than you, but i also keep notes.
    I definitely keep a record of severe punishments. With such record i can make a next punishment slightly harder, equal or a fraction of that. I also keep likes, dislikes, limits although by now i know them by heart.
    Then i have a notebook with just new snippets of ideas.
    Significant tasks i tend to plan long in advance. I create a doc on a new task and carve it until i am satisfied. Taking few days to create a task has the benifit to sleep on it and make sure it has the impact wished for,.. Not too harsh, but certainly not too soft. At other times just the esthetical impact counts.
    I dont use googledocs but just make concept emails. With that i can work on a task and just send when time is there.

I must say,.. These days, after 8 months, i use my documentation hardly. In the beginning however it was a great help. These days our communication is at a real reliable level. My pet is not afraid to share exactly how she is feeling. I "read" here condition quite well. In the beginning one cannot rely on those. In the beginning keeping good track is really important.

Thanks for the blog,
    Lol,.... Its a bit like a "the making of the Dom" documentary
    Updated 01-03-2017 at 03:33 PM by sir sam
  17. Old Comment

Reassurance

Those are all great ways to show your appreciation and reassurance. It really depends on how your dynamic works. For me, my Dom would appreciate me saying that I was proud and that he does a great job, but the was you shared were all fantastic too! The most important part is to make them feel appreciated and reassure that they are doing a good job.
  18. Old Comment

Reassurance

Quote:
    You make me so proud!

Such a good girl!

Good job Sweetie!
    As a sub I need similar reassurances. I agree with you that Doms need them too. As per my personal experience I have seen that the approach in which they do is slightly different owing to the power difference.

For example, instead of saying "Good work!" or "You make me proud! Keep it up!" which may sound a bit patronizing to some Doms within a D/s I would frame it somewhat indirectly and include it in my feedback like how creative I found the idea to be or how exhaustive the instructions were or how I thought that it was commendable to come up with that or how I enjoyed it!
  19. Old Comment

Black Hole

ohhhhhhwwgggg
    You are important!!!
    You are a priority!!!!
    We think about you!!!!!
  20. Old Comment

Black Hole

Oh Dear! You are such a wonderful thinking person, not just thoughtful of others, but thinking about the community around you. You see intricacies readily. You are smart. Right now you need to remember the facts of life about pig wrestling, in various forms:

1. If you wrestle a pig you wind up in the mud with the pig - but the pig likes it.
    2. If you get down to wrestle a pig you can't win because the pig has more experience in the mud.
    3. <make up your own>
    4. Da Man Says: "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

Prescription #1: Take a look at those few words in my PMs where I said what I thought of you. That might help lift your spirits a bit - sometimes others see us more clearly than we do ourselves. (Am I boasting? LOL)

Prescription #2: Remember that a day or so ago you probably helped someone be less vulnerable to her awkward situation. A small thing but a reach-out with a gentle word and wisdom to someone who needed it. At least that's my view. You made a difference there - small but real and that's how the world is built.

Prescription #3: Rip 'n' read. Get a cheap novel or two or three and hole up with them. Get drawn into the story, be it mystery, adventure, romance, etc. Get carried away. It might be ebooks. Did you know that your library (if you are a member) probably has some erotic romance novels, some even with light bdsm themes and activities? You pull them down to your device and voila - hide-out material!

Prescription #4: Go out for a walk. There is always someplace around - even if it is boring it will bring you fresh air and get your blood pumping a bit. Inspect the nearest cemetery - look at the old stones. Walk along the nearest water: pond, river, etc. even in winter. Walk a bit faster,just for the sake of walking. If there are stores - check them out. Even a hardware store or building centre, just for fun. And if the brother you like wants to come along, good. Others, decline or slip out when they are busy (bathroom usually works for that!) or if you have comfy clothes, go in the rain or snow. That is a fun thing to do anyway if you are dressed for it.

You matter.
    You are important.
    You are intelligent.
    You care about others.
    Others care about you.
    Others want to help you even if we think you are strong and smart enough that you are unlikely to need our help. :-)
    Updated 01-02-2017 at 10:19 PM by MarvHarvey
  21. Old Comment

Black Hole

Big hugs. I am so sorry you're being treated that way by your mom's fiance and your older brother. That is absolutely not a reflection on you, that is evidence of their issues, their anger problems, their insecurity. You are beautiful, strong, friendly, loving, encouraging, and I am so glad you don't have to be in that environment all the time anymore.

Please do whatever you have to in order to protect yourself, keep your mind and emotions safe, recover, anything. Find a Tim Hortons, grab a few books, and curl up with a coffee until your younger brother is off work. Window shop to get out of the house. Bundle up and go for a walk if possible. Choose something that asslvr tells you all the time that encourages you, or a particular message that he's sent you that makes you feel loved - keep it handy on your phone and read it and rehearse it in your mind whenever you need to focus on something else. If you need to shift or cancel plans to protect yourself, please know that you are well within your rights to do so; and some people might throw a fit, and I know that's incredibly hard when it involves your mom, but you are not required to sacrifice your health and safety for the convenience or shittiness of others. Ever.

You really are wonderful and don't deserve such treatment. You don't. And anytime those thoughts come into your mind, challenge them with the truth, that you are an incredible person and the problem is quite obviously the environment you used to be in and not you. And if that isn't enough to combat those thoughts, then send out the bat-signal to anyone and everyone, on here, in chat, to asslvr, to friends and family elsewhere, and we will bombard you with distractions and encouragement and happy things. Prioritise yourself. You are absolutely worth it.
    Posted 01-01-2017 at 10:09 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  22. Old Comment

Black Hole

Stay stong sweetie, you have come so far since we met. I believe in you and hope you can stay positive. When you need to just think of us and how happy we are together. You can make it through, I know you can♡
  23. Old Comment

Reflecting on 2016; Looking forward to 2017

Thanks,.. it is nice to read.

When I did read rule #4 i got a smile on my face. I hope you make it.
  24. Old Comment

I am so incredibly glad for all the good things you have in your life; you've worked long and hard and risked a lot, and you just deserve so much love and beauty. So I know we all celebrate with you, and wish you all the very best in 2017.

And I think you're a pretty fab mod Thank you so much for all that you do for the people in your life. You have a good heart.
    Posted 12-31-2016 at 09:44 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  25. Old Comment

I definetly need to be mindful of #9 and #12. I think I really do need to work on finding a balance between those two and even #10. I need to find time for Asslvr and I, time for just myself and then time for others. At the end of this year I felt so busy that I had no time to breathe. So this year, I want to try my best to keep that balance.