Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Bloxo

Rate this Entry

I'm getting too old for this...I think

Posted 10-17-2023 at 01:19 PM by Bloxo

So I turned 40 this year, certainly I won't be the oldest on this site and far far from the youngest...

But I don't know if it's my imagination but I don't get so many responses to messages since turning the big 4 0 ...

I wonder whether I've lost my touch, don't know how to communicate with todays youth, or maybe many girls would prefer to play with younger guys...hard to say, and would love to know if others have the same problem...

Of course there are the usual factors on here, 10 guys to every 1 girl, the fact that most people on this site are here to receive and provide very little give...or maybe despite the many many posts over the years most people forget me...

It's sad and previously stated that I sometimes get a bit addicted to this site when I get into the zone, but with recent efforts put in and what I've got back out of it...maybe I need to forget this place and focus more on the real world (which already I focus on a lot!).

But tell me, does getting older change how well you feel adjusted on this site?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 943 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I'm 58 and it's not very often that I'm not mentoring/teaching a sub or slave on here, or doing a 1-on-1 for my weight loss program. I learned a very long time ago that if you put the needs of a sub or slave before your own, you will always find someone to play with. Most times that turns into something longer term than originally planned. My attitude towards BDSM has pretty much always been the same, if you help others first, your needs will often be met as well. Good luck with your continued search.
    Posted 10-17-2023 at 05:53 PM by FrostbittenSoul FrostbittenSoul is online now
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FrostbittenSoul View Comment
    I'm 58 and it's not very often that I'm not mentoring/teaching a sub or slave on here, or doing a 1-on-1 for my weight loss program. I learned a very long time ago that if you put the needs of a sub or slave before your own, you will always find someone to play with. Most times that turns into something longer term than originally planned. My attitude towards BDSM has pretty much always been the same, if you help others first, your needs will often be met as well. Good luck with your continued search.
    Thank you
    I’ve not found that kind of reciprocal connection with a sub yet, normally I help and then they get lost in the many thousands of requests they are taking on haha, glad you found a better connection
  3. Old Comment
    I much prefer an older man. But I totally feel you ... at 34, I feel like I am getting to old for this too haha.
  4. Old Comment
    The minute you think you are getting old, you start acting old. It’s just a number. Have fun, stay young!
  5. Old Comment
    I generally feel a lot younger than my age, 47, but it's something I do try to own and not hide from. It doesn't feel old at all to me (maybe I'm just immature), even if to some others it seems incredibly ancient. LOL.

While I've had an account on getDare for many years, and lurked for years before that, it's only been in the last year or so that I have really been active and engaging with people and the community. So while I don't have past experience to compare it to, in that year I have not particularly found my age to be a barrier. Sure there are some people for whom my age rules me out as a play partner, but that's also true for my gender, or my being a Dom, or my likes and limits, and that's just the way it is.

Maybe I'm lucky, but in less than a year I have experienced three very rewarding full-time dynamics, and a couple that didn't go so well for various reasons. And I've also had many casual interactions that have been fun and rewarding for what they were. Speaking from a heterosexual male Dom point of view, my experience certainly matches Frostbitten's in that despite the apparent ratio of females to males, there is no shortage of female subs here looking for a fulfilling experience if you aim to provide one. And in return my own desires are usually fulfilled as well as part of a mutual interaction.

I've found that irrespective of age, the important part is observing the foundations of BDSM: respecting partners (even with humiliation/degradation play), respecting limits and boundaries, being attentive to the mind-state of your partner, and genuinely trying to address their desires in a D/s interaction. Similar to Frostbitten, when I do this things often turn into something longer or lead to follow on interactions.

So don't be discouraged; age is in the mind. And even with an age gap there will be many for whom that is not a barrier.

Azyliux
  6. Old Comment
    It's not about the age but mind. I'm close to 50 y.o but trust me I feel 30 now Thanks to my Dom. I'm sure you will find your sub soon when you stop thinking for yourself like old chick. ��