Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Maggy

Rate this Entry

A horrible day turned upside down.

Posted 09-12-2011 at 08:18 AM by Maggy

I woke up at around 9am this morning to attend a job interview with an optitians in Livingstone (about an hour away from my home if I take the bus from the stop about 20 minutes away from my house) and I had some pretty high hopes. The people at Specsavers seemed rather excited when they called to give me the interview and, though it was a little windy, the sun was out and it looked like today would go without a hitch.

So, I stuck on my shirt and tie, donned my favorite cologne (blue jeans man, can't beat it) and headed out the door. On my way to the bus stop, however, it started raining. Typical... Can't expect sunshine here in Scotland. To boot, the wind picked up rather quickly and I was being thrown about the pavement like nobody's business. I'm only little, why can't the wind give me a break? No worries. I have an interview to get to, nothing would stop me now.

So, after 10 minutes of waiting, the bus turns up and I climb on board, pick my seat and no sooner had I sat down when my iPod runs out of batteries... Great. An hour long bus ride with no music. Never fear, I have an interview to get to, nothing would bring me down.

I arrive at Livingston shopping center (known as Almondvale) and, fighting against the rain and wind and already getting damp and windswept, I make my way inside. When I finally reach specsavers (having managed to fix my long windswept hair to make it more presentable) I walked up to the counter... to be told that someone was supposed to phone me and tell me they'd already hired someone for the job. Can you believe it!? Can you effing bloody believe it!? F***ing Bollucks!

Being my usual repressed self, I push the anger deep inside myself and thank the lady at the counter, then I went off in search of something to eat. I needed a nice hot chocolate to cheer me up, and maybe a sexy muffin. Muffins are sexy. So I went to the little coffee stall, glum faced and feeling like shit (especially since I'm still suffering from a cold) and asked the lady for a "blueberry mbuffign and a carambell hot chocolate" only to be told "I'm afraid we don't have any caramel sauce left... And we only have triple belgian chocolate muffins at the moment."

"Oh that's just bloody dandy. What more can this day bring for me? Do your worst, God!" I yelled up at the heavens, much to the girl's surprise. When she didn't say anything, I realised that was probably a terrible show of etiquette, so I apologised. "I'm sorry, hen. It's been a horrible day."

"It's alright, sir... Let me see what I can do for you. Go take a seat and I'll bring something over for you."

"But you don't know what I want, yet." *Confused, sick, almost teary face.*

"It's alright. Leave it with me."

So, doing as I was told, I took my seat and lay my head on the table in total defeat. But apparently I had an order I didn't place on its way... Maybe things would look up? You better effing believe it, darlings. I was waiting for around 15 minutes before the girl came up to me with a tray. You know what she'd done? She'd only went and sent one of her colleagues to pick up a blueberry muffin from the mall across the road for me! The staff member, on her order, went all the way across the road, bought the blueberry muffin and the girl warmed it up for me. And my hot chocolate? She didn't have caramel sauce. What did she have planned?

"Here you are, sir." She served me with such a warming smile, even the rock hard libido of Maggy-kun had trouble not falling in love. She told me where they got the muffin from, and also told me that, though they didn't have caramel, the girl has a Butter scotch sauce that she likes to use in her hot chocolate during her breaks. She used her own sauce and went all out of her way for poor little Maggy. *Sob*

I asked how much I should pay, since half the stuff wasn't even from the shop, but she shook her head and told me "it's all good. You need a pick me up. This is on me," and before I could tell her just how infinitely gratefull I was and ask her to marry me and never leave my side, she winked, turned away, and went back to work. With a warm, pleasant sigh, I looked at my cup of hot chocolate and there, written on the side were the words: "Cheer up."

I never got the chance to even thank her... But I'm sure as hell going back as soon as I can. I'm thinking flowers... And a cake with "thank you" written in the icing.

THANK YOU my lovely server girl from Livi. I love you!

Sowisa, darlings.
Views 1542 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments