Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
  1. Old Comment

Life update: Finally some good to end the year

I'm so happy there's so much positivity going on in your life now! I am also amazed that it has been 6 years that we have known each other. Yesterday's TPE session was great and you are the most amazing Domme.

You also very much deserve the current totem pole that you own!
  2. Old Comment

Lots of good news Butterfly!
  3. Old Comment

Congrats on all of that, much to be excited about!
  4. Old Comment

Aww yay, all of this is awesome to read!! Congrats on the new Brattykins, new Dommykins and new job!!
  5. Old Comment

Glad to hear the year is ending well.
  6. Old Comment

500th Blog

Congratulations and thank you for the responses.
  7. Old Comment

500th Blog

Congratulations on this happy milestone Miss! And 500 blogs really!? That is insane. Have you ever thought of becoming a -kinky- writer?
    Looking for the next "500 Shades of Butterfly!"
  8. Old Comment

500th Blog

Congratulations for this big achievement! I'll look forward for the 1000th blog!
  9. Old Comment

500th Blog

Congratulations on reaching this milestone!
  10. Old Comment

500th Blog

Quote:
    Thank you all for coming on this journey with me. Thank you to each member who provided me with a question to answer. I am so happy that I still have people on here who follow my writings and can take something away from them.
    Congrats for reaching 500 yea^H^H^H blogs! May there be 500 more!

As always, your enthusiasm is contagious: your Big Five-Oh-Oh has inspired me to make a (tentative) decision to (try to) resume my own blog here on gD.

Btw: I, too, have noticed that the blogs aren't quite as "meaty" as they used to be (back when everything was better? ). But things go in circles, so maybe there's a new Golden Era just behind the corner?
  11. Old Comment

Baggage

I think the fact that you worry about this is the proof that you are worthy of some more effort from people close to you to help you carry your baggages, especially in the bad moments when they're particularly heavy, and it won't be a burden for them because they love you and they know you would do the same for them and they get the strenght for helping you by your company and your love.

P.S
    (Sorry if it turned out sounding too sappy or romantic lol).
  12. Old Comment

Baggage

I feel exactly the same.
  13. Old Comment

Baggage

The people who love you and have chosen to remain in your life know about your burdens, and how much you strive to make the world a better place. Not just strive, but do. Because you are decent, and you don't want to bring people down, it's natural for you to worry about your impact on others, and no amount of kind words will stop that. Do bear in mind though that it's someone else's choice to stand by you. Let other people make their choices. Anyone who loves you wants you strong, and knows what you will do with that strength. Focus on what you can do, and how you can use each problem facing you to get stronger. That's how you honour the people who stay and give you their strength.
  14. Old Comment

Figging is (NOT) fun!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by webbielicious View Comment
    Thanks for this interesting life story. I'm sure this is a subject that alot of people have toyed around with in their heads. Good to have some real feedback from different people. Might have to go on the list of things to go for!
    I think it's definitely worth trying. In my experience each person reacts sooo differently so it's interesting to see how it goes!
  15. Old Comment

Figging is (NOT) fun!

Thanks for this interesting life story. I'm sure this is a subject that alot of people have toyed around with in their heads. Good to have some real feedback from different people. Might have to go on the list of things to go for!
  16. Old Comment

Brat union

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pluky View Comment
    Maybe you could write something about aftercare things you do ? I searched "aftercare" I think that's how I landed here, I didn't really see anything about that... just an idea.

Types of doms/subs you've encountered (another idea) since I think you have a bit of background experience.
    I am going to add both of these to my list! Thank you for the suggestions!
  17. Old Comment

Brat union

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfly View Comment
    Thank you, that is so sweet to hear. I am glad that people are still reading and enjoying my blogs. I am getting close to post #500 and I want to try and do something special, but I am running out of inspiration.

Maybe you could write something about aftercare things you do ? I searched "aftercare" I think that's how I landed here, I didn't really see anything about that... just an idea.

Types of doms/subs you've encountered (another idea) since I think you have a bit of background experience.
  18. Old Comment

Brat union

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pluky View Comment
    You are so fun, I loved reading this

At this stage your huge blog is like a little book that one can read at their pace, one entry at a time.
    Thank you, that is so sweet to hear. I am glad that people are still reading and enjoying my blogs. I am getting close to post #500 and I want to try and do something special, but I am running out of inspiration.
  19. Old Comment

Characteristic of my Perfect Dom

I feel like you just described my Dom here for the most part (save for a few things), and that explains why I couldn't get over him and can't imagine replacing him as well as the fact other doms I've seen pale in comparison (pretty much the sentiment you started your entry with). I hope you find that right fit again, seeing as you posted an ad recently, but yeah it can be hard, there's a lot of doms but not everyone is a good fit and as you said, especially once you experienced the "best" (subjective, as in best fit for you).
  20. Old Comment

Brat union

You are so fun, I loved reading this

At this stage your huge blog is like a little book that one can read at their pace, one entry at a time.
  21. Old Comment

Edge Play: Being Risky

Great advice Miss Butterfly. So much of kink is personal to the individuals involved, as long as both parties have discussed and considered the risk.

On another note - what a great list - I want to try ALL of those things. All of them!
    (apart from the body modification because, my body has been modified enough for one lifetime thanks)

Seems like I have a lot of studying to do... xxx
  22. Old Comment

Edge Play: Being Risky

All very good advice. I like the RACK idea, not that I would probably get into a situation to need it. Its still interesting to read. What I was thinking is also being aware (if you are a Dom) that someone may not be in a position to make a sane judgement for themselves.
  23. Old Comment

Shit happens ....

I had a similar situation once, it wasn’t totally unexpected as they hadn’t done any insertions previously. Lots of aftercare made it ok and we worked thought it. Shit happens, important to talk, reset and go again.
  24. Old Comment

Shit happens ....

Miss Butterfly, you are so right. You stopped and did the only right thing.. and gave much care and a safty feeling to your sub. You seem to be an amazing dom on that topic.

I hope for empty that she heal fast and that you will have fun soon
  25. Old Comment

Shit happens ....

I'm sorry this didn't go as planned. Still, you might still call this play session a success since you learned that the safe word WILL be used if necessary. You both learned that you can trust each other to communicate when something goes awry. I think this is a win.

I hope you are okay now though!
    And I do hope next play time will go better, but I'm pretty sure it will!
    Updated 08-11-2022 at 08:31 PM by Jaro