Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
  1. Old Comment

Doctor Slothy

This does sound super fun. Not ever done RP either, but I think because of an amusing story line and all the equipment/papers/reports etc it has taken the cheesiness to such a high level it almost doesn't register. It becomes less about the RP and more about the fact that you have two people just inspecting and touching adding heightened awareness to the humiliation. Loved reading about it
    Posted 04-02-2023 at 02:49 PM by DeepInnerFreak DeepInnerFreak is offline
  2. Old Comment

Doctor Slothy

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Perhaps I should post the notes we took to get the medical communities opinion for my study.

Sincerely , Dr. Sloth
  3. Old Comment

Doctor Slothy

This sounds amazing. SO glad you did it and enjoyed it too. Well done.
  4. Old Comment

Doctor Slothy

I felt second hand embarrassment just reading your last description lol xD
  5. Old Comment

Doctor Slothy

Honestly, this really does sound HOT! The combination of embarassement and being literally so exposed. I am glad to read how subby it made you feel!

Btw, I think Dr. Slothy is a great name!
  6. Old Comment

Intro to Breathplay

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zephyrnem View Comment
    I am wanting to try water/breath play. I love hearing from people who have gone through any breath play. Afraid I may never get the chance..or that…when I do…the person isn’t patient and slow…or is too scared even with safeguards. Glad you are having fun!
    Water scares me but is a huge turn on. I don't think I will ever get to that point.

Is somebody isn't willing to be patient and go slow, they aren't a good fit!
  7. Old Comment

Intro to Breathplay

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lemuricon View Comment
    One other way to do breathplay is by not restricting as much but controlling the when. i.e. many short interruptions, especially when you can't see them coming they can quickly give the feeling of loss of control. Even just 1-2 seconds in the middle of a breath can hit hard.
    Yes, absolutely. I actually love the idea of just hanging out and randomly being told that I am not allowed to breath for a short period of time. It is such a huge sign of control!
  8. Old Comment

Intro to Breathplay

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Azyliux View Comment
    I get a similar feeling of excitement as a Dom when watching and imagining this type of play. But likewise it has always been outside of my personal risk profile as a Dom with the exception of some very mild (token really) hand choking around my sub's neck during in-person scenes. It is certainly something I considered too dangerous to do in any kind of online format (it's specifically included in my getDare limits).

I very much appreciate you sharing your personal approach to this in an online setting. While I still might not do this myself, it is certainly something I will keep in my mental toolbox to pull out if the right situation arises. I really appreciate these kinds of post, so many thanks!
    I am claustrophobic so I would never be able to have a hand around my neck. However, this to me feels safe than that because there are so many muscles and veins in the neck that can be damaged with choking, so it just fit better for my risk profile. I am happy to share my experiences, just as I love to hear from others.

Also of note, I still keep breathplay in my limits. I wouldn't do this with just anybody.
  9. Old Comment

Intro to Breathplay

I am wanting to try water/breath play. I love hearing from people who have gone through any breath play. Afraid I may never get the chance..or that…when I do…the person isn’t patient and slow…or is too scared even with safeguards. Glad you are having fun!
  10. Old Comment

Intro to Breathplay

One other way to do breathplay is by not restricting as much but controlling the when. i.e. many short interruptions, especially when you can't see them coming they can quickly give the feeling of loss of control. Even just 1-2 seconds in the middle of a breath can hit hard.
  11. Old Comment

Intro to Breathplay

I get a similar feeling of excitement as a Dom when watching and imagining this type of play. But likewise it has always been outside of my personal risk profile as a Dom with the exception of some very mild (token really) hand choking around my sub's neck during in-person scenes. It is certainly something I considered too dangerous to do in any kind of online format (it's specifically included in my getDare limits).

I very much appreciate you sharing your personal approach to this in an online setting. While I still might not do this myself, it is certainly something I will keep in my mental toolbox to pull out if the right situation arises. I really appreciate these kinds of post, so many thanks!
  12. Old Comment

Subby Vulnerability

I am so happy for you that you get to have this TPE weekend! I can understand you are axious but I know you can do it and, most important, are in great hands. I can't wait to hear how it went!
  13. Old Comment

Life happens!

As always you hit the nail on the head! This is so true but it also requires good and honest communication, which so many people sadly fail at.

What also annoys me about add threads or tasks given on getDare in general is that some people will report someone for not doing the tasks. You are playing with mostly strangers here. It's not a commited relationship. Nobody is required to do anything for you.

I'm very happy you and I don't have this problem. We communicated well from the beginning and let life happen when it needs to, which is I guess why we have been playing for so long.
  14. Old Comment

Subby Vulnerability

Firstly, I hope you have such a wonderful time away! I'm excited for you that you have found someone you can feel so vulnerable with and have reached the point where you are able to give them full control. I have to say a TPE weekend does sound hot and in my subby moments the idea has teased my thoughts occasionally.

Secondly, I can totally relate to you needing to submit to decompress, although in my case it's to Dominate. I feel much more comfortable dominating and it's a nice way for me to be distracted and immerse myself into someone elses little world and focus my attention away from my life and make it all about them... whilst making it about me I guess whatever the role, just re-prioritsing your needs for a while makes for a nice break from real world adulting.

Have fun <3 x x x
    Posted 03-02-2023 at 06:54 AM by DeepInnerFreak DeepInnerFreak is offline
  15. Old Comment

Life happens!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Champion4Ever View Comment
    My last dynamic of four years went through a lot of "Life Happens" moments and we lasted 4 years! It was a dynamic I am so fond of and grateful for having. Good communication as you say, understanding and patience is key. Unfortunately it ended because "Life Happens" and when it does you just have to accept that it does. Thank you for the reminder that kink is the cherry on top and not the be all and end all <3 x x x
    Yes! Jaro and I take frequent breaks. If there is a long weekend, or one of us is really busy or going on vacation, we schedule break times where there will be no rules, just for us to both get a break and feel refreshed. Then we will also schedule time away whenever it is needed - if one of us is sick, or going through something. I think it is necessary to keep things working and also to keep things feeling fresh.
  16. Old Comment

Life happens!

My last dynamic of four years went through a lot of "Life Happens" moments and we lasted 4 years! It was a dynamic I am so fond of and grateful for having. Good communication as you say, understanding and patience is key. Unfortunately it ended because "Life Happens" and when it does you just have to accept that it does. Thank you for the reminder that kink is the cherry on top and not the be all and end all <3 x x x
    Posted 03-01-2023 at 02:25 PM by DeepInnerFreak DeepInnerFreak is offline
  17. Old Comment

Life happens!

Yes. Like any good game...rules are better than none. Also...the more you know the more you communicate the more fun it is. When this site "works" it is a lot of fun. "Working" takes some effort. Because it is open...there will be people who both dont put in work and still have high expectations. Hopefully, many of us can handle that with care and understanding...we were young and inexperienced once. Some people just have to be blocked. Fortunately, it can be fairly easy just to tune out the negative, block it, or simply not engage. I have had a lot of fun here...it takes work and communication. Be forgiving and kind.
  18. Old Comment

Life happens!

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with having a safe word even for online interactions. Like a 'no questions asked' emergency stop button.
    Updated 03-01-2023 at 03:50 AM by Come-Here (Duplicate post)
  19. Old Comment

Life happens!

Agree with all of this.

For a successful dynamic each person needs to understand the needs of each other. Not just now, but in the future and should be up to the Dom/Domme to ensure this is done and respected. This is what makes the difference between an average Dom/Domme and an exceptional Dom/Domme. Remember everyone is human.
  20. Old Comment

Life happens!

I could not agree more!
    I think it's so important to remember that people are more than just the kink and horniness.
    There's so much happening in life that we can't control but kink is a place where we can go to escape that. It should feel like a fun and exciting but safe space.
    Any dare master or Dom(me) or task giver or person who is worth their salt will completely understand if you can't do something or if you change your mind.
    If it was a scene and you had a safeword you could use it, not having one because the context doesn't fit doesn't mean you don't have the power to stop, and everybody involved would rather you stop.
    Kink safe and happy.
    Posted 03-01-2023 at 01:00 AM by Angelsaredying Angelsaredying is offline
  21. Old Comment

My journey with gags

That episode with the guy forcing it on you is terrible.
    I think you are very brave of trying it again and I'm so happy that you found someone who you can do that safely with.
  22. Old Comment

Little d/Big S

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eman X View Comment
    Wow, what an absolutely fantastic post! Every paragraph resonated strongly with how I feel about D/s relationships. Having negotiated several offline long-term TPE "slave contracts" in the past and "trials" that have sometimes gone on to long term arrangements, I wholeheartedly recommend the advice in this post to any sub (and Dom) looking to enter any form of power exchange dynamic even just a casual scene.

I know I will be referring people to this post in the future, especially anyone wondering why I consider safeword rules the most important ones to have in place right from the start of a relationship, and why I like to spend a fair bit of time in negotiation establishing limits and boundaries. So often subs have limits that are so fundamental to their thinking that they remain unstated because they are considered so "obvious".
    I agree about safewords and I have written a few blogs about how important that I think they are, even in online relationships. If you ever want to read those, I am happy to share some links.
  23. Old Comment

Little d/Big S

Wow, what an absolutely fantastic post! Every paragraph resonated strongly with how I feel about D/s relationships. Having negotiated several offline long-term TPE "slave contracts" in the past and "trials" that have sometimes gone on to long term arrangements, I wholeheartedly recommend the advice in this post to any sub (and Dom) looking to enter any form of power exchange dynamic even just a casual scene.

I know I will be referring people to this post in the future, especially anyone wondering why I consider safeword rules the most important ones to have in place right from the start of a relationship, and why I like to spend a fair bit of time in negotiation establishing limits and boundaries. So often subs have limits that are so fundamental to their thinking that they remain unstated because they are considered so "obvious".

Quote:
    We are humans first, partners second, and kink comes after that
    Taking this approach has been the only way I've experienced success in forming a long term power-exchange relationship.

Thank you for sharing this!
  24. Old Comment

My journey with gags

Very nice and interesting blog, really sorry for your bad experience, this kind of things really suck but I'm glad it didn't stop you from trying again with someone else and I'm happy for you that you finally find someone and that it's working, congratz and good luck for your further steps .
  25. Old Comment

My journey with gags

Butterfly, what a great post. Really awful to hear your previous traumatic experience. Not sure how any sane-minded person could feel comfortable doing that to another human whilst they reacted the way you did. I really am happy you've found someone that identified your wish to use gags but is approaching it in such a patient and reassuring way with you.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SleepySloth View Comment
    New shock device? I shocked my balls with it first
    made me chuckle but this is so right!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pluky View Comment
    Is there no way to use a safe word in the gagged situation ?
    In the past I have placed something in their hand (usually a rubber band ball) and if they need to "Amber" they will drop it out of their hand and if they need to "Red" they will launch it.
    Posted 02-21-2023 at 05:16 AM by DeepInnerFreak DeepInnerFreak is offline