Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > What Strikes My Mind

An assortment of my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and poor attempts at humor, all rolled into one easily digestable package.
Rate this Entry

"Why am I here?"

Posted 09-08-2009 at 08:32 PM by Odiefrom

Why am I here? Where is 'here'? These questions have plagued mankind for eternity, taunting and teasing the most brilliant of scholars to insanity's brink. And while I don't pretend to know the answers, I do know that 'here' for me right now is getDare. And I have a good idea as to why I am now here.

I was surfing the web, and was looking at random stuff when all of the sudden I clicked something and a new, foreign website loaded. Having been meandering aimlessly, I browsed. I found a link in a post that helped me leave the site, and I left with no intention to return, thinking "Well that was neat."

A few minutes later I was back by yet another link. Thiss time I was looking at a dare made by someone and thought it was clever. I tried to post, but had to make an account. I never did find that post to comment on it.

After a hiatus of almost a year, my email recieved a notification about a private message. After trying to figure out which of hundreds of passwords I used, I got back in. Exploring around, I got a warm, almost family-like feeling from the users here. I'm glad I've stayed here, I've grown and have been finding myself here. So that holds me here, a journey of self-discovery. But everything else that comes along the way is nice too lol.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 948 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments