Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Tiger

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

I Have a Problem

Posted 11-18-2010 at 07:05 PM by Tiger
Updated 11-18-2010 at 07:13 PM by Tiger

In class today, we were talking about how young adults come out of the closet more than adolescents do. This got me thinking about a conversation I had with my sister. She said that she would be very disappointed and angry if she found out that I was a lesbian. My dad and grandma were there also. My family is very religious and don't believe that two girls or two guys should love each other.

Now, my problem is that I believe I am bisexual and my class said that young adults come out of the closet more. I feel that I am sexually attracted to girls but I have never done anything about it to know positively. How would I go about coming out of the closet, knowing my family would hate it?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5821 Comments 7
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old Comment
    If your family can't accept you for who you are, then shame on them. Everyone has different views, and if they disown you because of their views they should be ashamed.
  2. Old Comment
    I would agree with erick, but family is family. You may be able to pick who your friends are, but you are stuck with your family. Just because they may not like it, doesn't make them any less of your family, regardless of how they feel about you afterwards.
    Posted 11-18-2010 at 10:31 PM by Darkbahamut0824 Darkbahamut0824 is offline
  3. Old Comment
    Tiger.
    You are a wonderful person, no matter who or what you have either unvoluntarily or voluntarily become.
    I would like to say that your family would love you regardless. I think the initial shock would be worse than the aftermath.
    That said, I obviously don't know your family and therefore cannot say that for certain.
    You know your family better than anyone darling, and only you can try to judge the best way to handle this.
    But what do I know...?
    If you need anything, you know where to find me.

*loves*
    xXx
  4. Old Comment
    Some countries should just relax with the religiousness.. I don't really get it because of where I'm from.

But, if it's just trouble, do you have to "come out"? I'm doing fine with it just being my little secret, even though I know no one would hate me for it, but maybe that's related to that I know I couldn't do it on the emotional level with a guy long term.

Do it your way though, if you have to, you have to. I don't think there's a right or wrong way to do it, just "read" your family and tell them at the right moment, you know that moment where you know your Dad is gonna buy you an icecream if you ask nicely, if you absolutely have to.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2205/...cc6ef1bba5.jpg
  5. Old Comment
    I'm kinda cool with the whole 'Don't ask, don't tell' thing. You don't necessarily have to keep it a secret, but not everyone wants to know that sort of thing. TMI, you know. I've had a few friends whom I felt that we cannot continue our relationship because they had to blab it out. But if you think it's important for your parents to know, hey why not. But they've already told you that they don't like these sort of thing, there's no reason to do it unless you're self destructive.
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 444 View Comment
    I'm kinda cool with the whole 'Don't ask, don't tell' thing.
    The problem with that is that they ask ALL THE TIME! I kind of jokingly say that I am a lesbian and they get all angry about it.

*shrugs* This is why I hate religion. I can't help that I find females more attractive than males!
  7. Old Comment
    There's a bazillion things my family doesn't know about me.

One day, they're probably bound to find out about something and be upset with me. But oh well, it won't be me telling them.

I say don't worry about it. If you ever get a girlfriend, then you might have to say something. (: