Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rate this Entry

Writing

Posted 10-18-2010 at 07:22 PM by Manbearpig

Okay I am not sure where this will take me but whatever. I enjoy writing. Writing is an escape for me. It takes away stress. Even if I am working on a school essay, I might enjoy it. I remember last year working on a paper about Baseball Sabremetrics. That was some of the most fun working on a paper that I have ever had. I got to read articles that I enjoyed and furthered my knowledge about the sport I love so much. I am sure my english teacher had no idea what the fuck I was talking about but I got an A on it so it was all good.

I remember writing when I was younger, when I was going through a rough patch in my life. It really helped me. I don't know where I would be if I didn't have that escape. I wrote stories that were looking back kind of odd but exciting. I am sure I still have those saved onto old computer somewhere. It still helps though. I will most likely write a blog after this one about what has been troubling me but whatever.

I am going to suggest to everyone that you write. It could be about your problems or it could be about the good moments in your life. Make a note. Maybe they will help. Maybe they won't. Maybe you will go and realize that your problems really aren't so bad. That is what I did. I realized how well I did have it at the time and how my problems weren't serious. It helped me a lot because a few years later my dad got laid off and shortly after my grandmother died. If I hadn't learned to write for fun, I am not sure I would have been in as good of a situation as I wound up in.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1020 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I really agree, writing has helped me relieve a lot of frustration and just let out everything I cant deal with, its a great medium and really anyone can do it, you dont have to be a good writer you just have to write what you want and enjoy it. Cudos =)
    Posted 10-19-2010 at 05:33 AM by Eventualreality Eventualreality is offline