Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > My Blog of Bloggy Blogness

Rate this Entry

I'm Not Crying! There's Just Something In My Eye...

Posted 11-18-2016 at 06:06 PM by Hammarling

This was spawned by a conversation in the chat. And i though it would make a fun blog post... Fair warning: You WILL cry!

Movies That Make Me Cry... Every Damn Time

Quote:
  • Inside Out
It's an obvious one. But Bing Bong is just the greatest thing in existence! He's funny and caring from the off. And you can see it slowly grow as he realises he doesn't have a place in Riley's new life.
"Take her to the moon for me." Legitimately one of the saddest moments in humen existance. And every damn time it makes me cry.
  • Wall-E
This little guy is just the best. He has no concept of his actions. Wall-E just wants to help, and will do everything he can to help. Even if that means losing sacrificing himeslf to deliver the plany. It's the fact he doesn't have a concept of what he's doing that hits me.
"Wall-e!?!" Does any film match up in terms of pure unconditional love?
No.
  • Click
An Adam Sandler movie? Really! Yes damnit! He just wants to make things better for his family. Adam didn't ask for this, but he has to try and fight to the end. There's just one thing he has to say, but it's too late. It's over. The time is done.
"Family comes first" This is why i keep watching your movies Adam. Because it might be one of the most touching moments in cinema history.
  • Forrest Gump
Where do you begin with this one? Forrest is just the best human you could hope to meet. He doesn't understand what he's doing, he just knows he's got to help. Now you're thinking i'm going to mention Jenny dying. Wrong!
"Yeah he's smart. One of the smartest in his class." Instant tears. This is the heart of the story, that pure love Forrest carries through everything.
  • Odd Thomas
One i bet you didn't expect. Anton acts the balls off this one! The punch comes from the fact the rules are in place, it's all there for us to see. But the film makes us care and wish for the happy ending, just to land the ultimate sucker punch.
"That will be a long wait. But i am a patient man." It's just such a slap in the face from nowhere. Genuine love smashed but not forgotten.
  • The Butterfly Effect
Another left-field one. Asthon Kutcher quite simply spends the film trying to make everything better. Watching him slowly realise the reality is tough. The drama of the finale is the height of the film, and the Directors Cut ending is a real kick in the teeth.
"I might be able to save her" It's such a brutal and shocking ending, because it's not all rainbows and sunshine. Just sunshine for her.
  • The Guardian
Another film that flips what you expect. It has you thinking one outcome, only to hit you with another brutal ending. I can't really explain why this one hits me so. It just does.
"I won't let go!" More self-sacrifice. But again it's built with real impact and emotion grown over the whole film.
Close Moments
Just a selection of films that make me cry most of the time, if not all.

Quote:
  • Good Will Hunting
"I gotta go see about a girl" It's not sad at all! It's just a great pay-off for the main characters that they can come through it all in the end.
  • On The Waterfront
"I coulda been somebody". It's one of the most famous scenes ever. But the build up and final deliver are as close to perfect as possible. The lines hit and hit hard from Brando.
  • Perfect Sense
"And they know all they need to know". Love conquers all the obstacles, and the some. A basically happy moment but with a big caveat. And it almost went so wrong.
  • The Amazing Spider Man
"But those are the best kind". Andrew Garfield, one of the most underrated actors. The whole prelude is key to this moment and is delivered brilliantly by Emma and Andrew. This final line, just tips it to emotion.
And Your Own!
Comment with your own films that make you cry!
This isn't my full list, so i may come back and add a second post. Or maybe one for TV. We'll see if i can cope with the emotional damage of reliving these moments yet again.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1822 Comments 7
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I cry almost anytime there is an emotional scene. However I am specially prone to things like graduations, weddings, proposals, goodbyes, death, and babies being born.
  2. Old Comment
    Great list. I add "The Piano", builds up right from the start, and peaks in when the daughter betrays her mother, and *chop* ...
    Not to speak of the wonderful Michael Nyman soundtrack.

Thanks for sharing. Great topic.
  3. Old Comment
    Watership down. The first film I saw in the cinema. Because my parents thought (along with many others) that a cartoon about cute fluffy bunny rabbits is perfect for small kids.

Tbh, the genocide and other violence wasn't too distressing, although the bits with the totalitarian rabbit state were a bit harrowing. But the bit that makes me cry is when Hazel dies at the end.
  4. Old Comment
    has to be Its a Wonderful Life for me, i know people call it Capra corn and it has it faults but from the minute you hear people praying for George Bailey right up to Clarence getting his wings i am an emotional wreck and its time to watch it again.
  5. Old Comment
    Monkey cries every single time Penny dies in Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog Everything that happens after that is sad as hell.

I generally don't cry at movies, sometimes I get really moved though. Such a movie doesn't come to mind presently but if I think of one I'll mention it.
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iSpuds View Comment
    Monkey cries every single time Penny dies in Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog Everything that happens after that is sad as hell.

I generally don't cry at movies, sometimes I get really moved though. Such a movie doesn't come to mind presently but if I think of one I'll mention it.
    I do not, I had something in my eye! Yes, every time!
  7. Old Comment
    Oh... and maybe add a Spoiler Alert to your title or something?