Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Office's Avatars

Come here to see all of Officelover's favorite things as his avatar.

I guarantee a laugh.
Rate this Entry

The H2G2 movie

Posted 04-08-2010 at 03:25 AM by Officelover

I own the H2G2 movie. I've seen it several times and I'm finally ready to talk about my feelings for it:

I like a lot of things about it. I think it was extremely well cast. I think that it did a good job of combining different parts from the series (such as Humma Kavula which really is in the third book.) I like spotting the little easter eggs in it (for instance, during the panic sequences there is a woman sitting down, reading a newspaper, completely serene. She is actually Douglas Adams' mother. I like some of the additions to the story, like rescuing Trillian from the Vogosphere.

At first I did not like the movie that much. Now, it has grown on me over time. I like the movie a lot. It's just not the book. The book is amazing. The book is incredibly hilarious. I feel like the movie didn't do many parts of the book justice.

These are my first thoughts on the book/movie debate.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1932 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I haven't read the books (yet!) or seen the TV/radio versions. But I adore the film and if I love the film, I'm going to ADORE the books, surely.

Posted 04-08-2010 at 08:37 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  2. Old Comment
    I can't believe you haven't read the books yet, Marv!