Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Memoirs of a Dork

I have a lot of things I should talk about and it is easier for me to do that on a random website to a bunch of strangers. You can comment on my stuff or not, but the majority of my blog posts will be personal things that are difficult for me to talk about out loud.
  1. Old Comment

Old Soul

I feel you...I had this same experience, of having been once proud of being "an old soul" and ending up wishing to turn back. Maybe the correct verb is "have" not "had"...

Either way, great blog and hang in there! There's always hope for the future!
  2. Old Comment

Catch Me

I know how hard it is to not let past experiences interfere with new ones. Our past makes us who we are, and sometimes that isn't a good thing. It sucks and it would be so much easier if we could just forgive and forget and let go and move on. but we can't. I can't.

So instead, we have to try to deal with it and work with it. I know what it is like to be cautious and to not want to let rely on somebody else to get us through that storm. But, you can't always be your own lighthouse, sometimes you need somebody else to help guide you and light your path. Not everybody is cut out for the job, but there are people out there who are willing to do the job, if only we let them.

One day you will find that person. Or maybe you already have them in your life and you just need to give them a chance to shine.

Either way, you will not be stranded at Sea forever. You will find your way home one day.
  3. Old Comment

Day Nine

I am not one of the people who knows firsthand how emotional you have been (however, you should remember that I don't mind being that person if you want or need me), but I do know that the people who you trust the most to open yourself up to, are probably just grateful you did. It is so much better to have somebody to go to and open to than to keep yourself isolated and feel so alone. You are never alone on here.

I am really glad that Sinister is back and I hope you have had a chance to catch up. I am really glad that his messages were enough to help you through the time apart.

I agree it should be a rule that once you are together, there is no going away ever again.
  4. Old Comment

Day Nine

*hugs*

Remember what we talked about? It's okay to let it all out and cry and be a total trainwreck! Those that love you don't mind and those that mind can go fuck themselves.

5. Old Comment

Mirrors

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sinister View Comment
    I need to respond to this far better than I can on a phone in a tent. For now I will say this:
    Damn it. The whole reason you're in a tent is so you can't respond. This entire blog is a very hurried mess and it was more of an abstract you than addressing you personally. If anyone gives you heat, ignore them because this blog wasn't a cry for help or something that needed a response.

Thank you for giving me one, even though I'm crying again. I wrote this because I needed to get the thoughts out of my head.
  6. Old Comment

Mirrors

I need to respond to this far better than I can on a phone in a tent. For now I will say this:

I love you in your brokenness and I love your strength in carrying on regardless. I don't think you're beautiful because I haven't seen some flaw you keep hidden - I think you're beautiful because I've seen some of what you've been rebuilding out of those shattered pieces and it promises to be amazing.

I don't disregard the ugly. But neither do I believe that it in any way detracts from the rest of you.

And I'm very prepared for the abuse I will no doubt get for this
  7. Old Comment

Mirrors

This is beautiful and hits a chord with me as I'm sure it does a lot of people. It brought tears to my eyes! It's brave to put it out here like this. Thank you for sharing it.
  8. Old Comment

Mirrors

Growing up my younger brother and I used to love cuddly toys. Often my mam would buy us toys from the same place. Even though we would get the same style toy from the same place they were different because of there imperfections and we preferred the ones with differences. Much like these toys we all have imperfections and even though we personally may hate them, there is some idiot out there who will love us all the more for it.

As Happy Me put it

Also: huggggssss
  9. Old Comment

Mirrors

I want to say a lot of things. The main things I want to say is that soooooo many of us walk around with these scars. It is not hopeless to find someone that won't walk away when they see them, and there is something healing and really really beautiful in finding that person who can see all of it and not only sticks around, but respects you more for it, loves you more for it, and doesn't feel like they have to help you fix it. The buggers who walk away when they see the broken parts of our hearts and body are the ones who didnt deserve to see them in the first place, sharing those things is an intimate and trusting act that should be seen as a feat of strength.
    Also: huggggssss
  10. Old Comment

Day One

From my own personal experience I find the first 2-3 days are the hardest but it gets easier over time. I guess its like going cold turkey.
  11. Old Comment

Day One

Stay Strong, Be Brave, in the end its only 9 days which could be alot longer. Plus you do have the ties to keep you busy. Though a interesting thought what else could you learn or try before he gets back to surprise him? Plus are you surprising him or he just walking in. You have 9 days to prepare for his return. Make it a positive , constructive time. Not a sad , frustrating one.

Yours THBW
    Trying to Help
    Posted 07-31-2015 at 04:29 PM by TheHotBoyWonder TheHotBoyWonder is offline
  12. Old Comment

His Collar

I love this! You express so well how you feel, but also how that push and pull most submissives feel.

I'm glad you're fully enjoying your necklace now.
  13. Old Comment

His Collar

I am very happy that you get to have a piece of him close to you at all times, that it makes you feel happy and safe even though you do have conflicting feelings.

I hope the anger eventually goes away and it is replaced by pure confidence in yourself and joy at being with your dom.
  14. Old Comment

My Wish

The feels are real
  15. Old Comment

My Wish

Ohhhhh I know exactly the feeling you are taking about. It only happens with the amazingly incredible doms. And seriously once you feel it you never want that person to ever ever leave. *hangs on tight to Deschut*

P.S. I loved this blog
  16. Old Comment

My Wish

This was a wonderfully uplifting blog post to read. THANK YOU for sharing such an intimate story about your experience. I'm so glad your dom was able to bring out these feelings in you.
  17. Old Comment

Nightmares and Daydreams

Sleep paralysis is frightening.

[I wrote something more here, but I didn't like it, so I shortened it quite a bit, sorry]
  18. Old Comment

My Sexuality

Over the last few years my sexuality has changed too. I was seriously a lesbian, I had 0% interest in guys for about 20 years! Now I have no idea what my "label" is and I am okay with that. Some other people aren't, so I tell them my orientation is "I am open to what the universe brings." In the last few years I have had a few VERY enjoyable sexual experiences with men, and now Deschut has been my dommy for 2 years, and not only do I find him (and his entire personality) incredibly sexy, but I also seriously love the man. So. There.
  19. Old Comment

My Sexuality

I have seen increasingly a reluctance in some people to even define their sexuality, because it is so fluid, so varied, from person to person that defining it makes no sense. You shouldn't have to define it for anyone, or defend it when you do choose to define it and change that definition. As you said it's yours, and I applaud you for focusing on your sexuality being based on what you want and not forcing it to conform to a term.
    Posted 07-24-2015 at 11:10 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  20. Old Comment

Nightmares and Daydreams

Everyone has nightmares. Everyone has dreams. The key factor, is from what causes them or created them in each person. So may circumstances are that reason, from background, stress, just so many things in which people hide deep down inside themselves. You are not alone. It is just how you are able to deal with them and handle them.
  21. Old Comment

My Sexuality

Nobody should care. Nobody should have to define themself.

I suspect that a lot of the reason you are struggling to define this is to shut other people up. I have seen some of the comments, I dont doubt there are more. It is none of their fucking business, and just because you may occasionally like guys in no way means you are going to suddenly want to sleep with turds.
  22. Old Comment

Movie Night

I agree. I used to have movie night once a week with an old domme and I Loved it.
  23. Old Comment

All or Nothing

I understand your point of view. Truthpick and I have very different likes. I have learned what she likes and while I can not say for instance I can give her pain like a sadist can, I still can give it to her and more importantly i really enjoy it. Not because I am giving her pain but because I am giving her what she likes.and I see her smile and that makes me happy.

If I am the domme doing something I dislike then I am simply reading/watching something that doesn't turn me on/I don't enjoy but as a sub that would completely ruin my fun. I am not saying that dominants should do all of the things that the sub wants even if they don't like them, just that if the negative effects aren't quit as bad.

For me its a case of working out if your the amount you dislike doing something is balanced by your urge to please or not. I am sure you have done some form of measure of orgasm control in which case you are already doing it for him.

If you haven't already talk to him about this. You wish to please him and he is in the unique position in order to tell you exactly how he feels about the situation. I, perhaps unwisely, have taken to keeping nothing from truthpick. I tell her everything about how I feel and some times that means we have arguments but I personally feel that its worth while and would rather that than we not get what we want and/or having a huge argument a few weeks later.
  24. Old Comment

All or Nothing

Maybe it's something that you can "grow into". You know, like something you can't do now, but if you are willing to work on it with/for him, then maybe somewhere down the road denial and/or pain are something that you will be able to do, at least partially.

Having said that, alias has given really good advice and I second every word. I would say something else about it here, but I think alias covered it very well and anything else I say will just be redundant.

Good luck, and remember to believe in yourself, and don't get discouraged just because you can't or aren't comfortable doing something.
  25. Old Comment

All or Nothing

I know I'm not your dom, but you know I stalk your blog and so I'm going to offer you my opinion as another Dom. If you read my ad you see that I even specifically mention that there if a sub has some of my likes in her limits she shouldn't be discouraged from applying. Probably my biggest kink is my stocking fetish. If for some reason a sub had stockings as a limit (though that would be a weird limit) and everything else about them was perfect for me, I'd even give up stockings to be with that sub. No kink is essential for a relationship to work. If you two are happy together and he says he's happy with you, it doesn't matter what you can or can't do, and I'd frankly just be happy you were trying so hard to please me