Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Slutty Princess

Thoughts, Rants, Opinions, Tales, and Musings of a Princess.
Rate this Entry

Make A Stranger's Day

Posted 12-14-2016 at 09:40 PM by The Slutty Princess

As many of you know, I had stopped taking and completing dares when I went off to college in August. Every now and then, I attempt a few dares but only if they are very mild, tame and have a positive influence on either myself or the people around me. I look back at some of the dares that I have done and even though I hate dwelling or regretting choices in my life, I sometimes question why I chose to partake in a few of the dares that I did. That being said, most of the dares I greatly enjoyed!

Anyway, I was recently dared by a fellow getdarer to leave a few naughty notes in the books in the campus library. I have been saddened by the ruthless murder, rape, and forced suicides of the men, women, and children following the besiege of Aleppo by the Syrian military and this motivated me to write a few nice and heartwarming messages in the books, rather than just naughty, teasing messages.

Since I work at the library, I am well aware of the books that are commonly read the most and I figured it would be best if I were to leave the notes in those books. Using cute pink post-it notes and a blue sharpie, I wrote various messages on the notes and stuck it on the inside cover of some books. I tried to keep the naughty messages tame so I wouldn’t get in trouble! The messages included:

“You’re beautiful.”

“I just want you to be happy...and naked.”

“What color is your underwear? My guess is blue.

“Spread love as thick as you’d spread nutella.”

“You have a beautiful smile.”

"You are perfect in every way imaginable."

"Always remember how much you are loved."

"Don't worry, you look incredible today!"

"You're the best!"

"Stop stressing, everything will be okay."

"Your hair is gorgeous!"

"I'm wet just thinking about you!"

"It only takes one to inspire an entire generation."

I guess my overall goal of this "dare" was to hopefully have someone find them and make them smile or brighten up their day. I will also check if anyone actually responds! If they do, I'll post it in the comments!

I'd love it if others would join me and leave a few sweet, caring anonymous notes somewhere (or naughty if you prefer). A simple note can make someone's day!

Also, because I am feeling generous today, for every comment this post gets (including mine), I'll donate $10 to handinhandforsyria.org, which provides for the families attempting to flee Aleppo.

Love you all,
~Lia
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3784 Comments 12
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 12

Comments

1. Old Comment
    A very thoughtful twist to a naughty dare! Did anyone tell you that you are awesome today?
  2. Old Comment
    Awesome dare you turned it into. I love the idea. Sometimes a simple compliment makes a single person's day or even helps them change their life for the better. You saved the world in a very sane way.
  3. Old Comment
    I absolutely LOVE this idea, thank you for sharing it. Now I know what I am doing tomorrow
  4. Old Comment
    WOW - such a great idea! Love it!!
  5. Old Comment
    That's fucking awesome. I love it.
  6. Old Comment
    "The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention." -Oscar Wilde

7. Old Comment
    I AM DEFINITELY DOING THIS OVER THE WEEKEND.

I love this idea to bits! Omg I'm going to go to stores, libraries...I have SO many post-its!
  8. Old Comment
    (Would have pm'd but...)

You may mean

http://www.handinhandforsyria.org.uk/

Perhaps.

EDIT: www.handinhandforsyria.org [note the "www."!] seems to work also: it forwards you to the org.uk site.
    Updated 12-16-2016 at 10:37 AM by Cstelle
  9. Old Comment
    If I ever find such beautiful notes in library books randomly it would definitely make me smile lovely idea!!!
  10. Old Comment
    I am glad you all liked the dare and I hope a few of you will carry it out!

I checked the books the other day while I was working and all the notes were still in place and there had been no replies. I have traveled home for the holiday break and it may be quite awhile before I check the books again but I'll make sure to update you lovely people, if needed!

Again, thank you for the overwhelming support! Yes, Cstelle, the website is www.handinhandforsyria.org.uk, thanks for posting it! If others would like to donate, that'd be awesome! As for now, thank you all for commenting!

Love,
    ~Lia
    Posted 12-16-2016 at 08:23 PM by The Slutty Princess The Slutty Princess is offline
  11. Old Comment

Wow!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Slutty Princess View Comment
    I am glad you all liked the dare and I hope a few of you will carry it out!

I checked the books the other day while I was working and all the notes were still in place and there had been no replies. I have traveled home for the holiday break and it may be quite awhile before I check the books again but I'll make sure to update you lovely people, if needed!

Again, thank you for the overwhelming support! Yes, Cstelle, the website is www.handinhandforsyria.org.uk, thanks for posting it! If others would like to donate, that'd be awesome! As for now, thank you all for commenting!

Love,
    ~Lia

It is great to see so many people viewing and taking on the dare too! Perhaps you should post it in the dare section too?

Enjoy being with your friends and family for Christmas!
  12. Old Comment
    I hope I'm not too late to join in on this. Thanks for being an absolutely incredible person time and time again