Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Jon's World.

It's like a normal world, only weirder. Now with 100% more poetry!
Rate this Entry

Lifestyle changes #2 - How it's going.

Posted 01-28-2015 at 05:20 PM by An_Jon

A while ago I posted my hopes for the new year. About how I'd like to be and things I felt I needed to address in my life. As part of my ongoing motivation to keep these changes going I'm posting how it's going. Basically, I feel that if I make these things public I'll be more inclined to carry them on.

Become fitter/bigger.

I feel it's going well. I've started to look forward to the gym and the gradual improvement that comes with it. I think that I'm starting to see results, but it's not overnight changes. I took a picture of myself today for... reasons... which I was very happy with for one of the first times ever. I was just in a resting stance and everything looked, y'know, alright. Usually I have to tense to get anything from pictures, but nothing in this one.

Eat healthier.

This has come along much better than I thought it would. I've had the occasional relapse, but all-in-all my diet has significantly improved. This is largely due to the gym thing, as I feel the need to eat properly in order to not waste what I do there. Keeping the two going is motivating me on both fronts; which is a really great place to be for me.

Get a full-time, permanent job.

Working on it, and getting very close. I've been invited to a final interview stage for a writing job, and I'm hopeful of getting the job. Fingers crossed!

Become tidier.

If someone could like bind me in a contract where they withhold orgasms from me if I don't tidy that'd be really helpful here. Still no progress. *Looks nervously around bedroom*

Work through my reading list.

Little progress. I find when I go to bed I'm too tired to read at the minute, which is sad. I did finish one book recently though, so yay.

Improve my personal appearance.

Apart from forgetting to shave often enough I'm doing well here. When I leave the house proud of my appearance I find myself much more confident. I've ever started wearing shirts and smart shoes when heading out with friends (never done that before). Yeah, liking this one.

Improve my sleeping pattern.

Well, I haven't slept in for anything important recently. However, I'm still staying up late, which means I'm often tired on mornings when I'm forcing myself out of bed. 50/50 thing this at the moment.

So yeah, overall I'm doing alright. Most of my resolutions are being kept, some are a work in progress, and I'm still untidy. I am determined that, by the time 2016 gets here, I'll be able to say 'I'm proud of how I did here'. I can;t say that yet, but getting there.

Here was the original blog: http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=72916

Until next time.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1095 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    O.O it's only the first month and you have already achieved so much!
    *prays that you get the job* although, I am sure you knocked it out of the park.

Best of luck with your other goals!
  2. Old Comment
    That's a lot of progress already! Good job and good of you to blog about it!

There's some things that need work. My advice for you is to not want to do everything at once. That might be overwhelming at some point. Get one thing done to your satisfaction and then move on to the next thing!

The best of luck to you!
  3. Old Comment
    This makes me so happy!! This is a lot of good news and I'm really happy for you!

I hate cleaning and tidying my room as well. Least favorite thing to do ever. It triggers my anxiety when I start trying to pick up but then if it gets too messy that triggers it and it's this awful cycle! Luckily Sir is here right now helping me keep it reasonably tidy (love him!) but when he leaves I really need to try and think of and stick to a method. I don't think I'll be choosing your withheld orgasms though... No thanks!

Anyway, good job and good luck!
  4. Old Comment
    Good luck with the writing job especially!