Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Office's Avatars

Come here to see all of Officelover's favorite things as his avatar.

I guarantee a laugh.
Rate this Entry

Melchior + Wendla

Posted 06-26-2009 at 01:15 PM by Officelover

Okay, so there was some interest expressed in Spring Awakening from my photo w/ Hanschen in My Junk.

This is my current avatar:

This is a song called "I Believe". Wendla has disturbed Melchior during his angst-driven sulking in his hayloft. She has found his journal, and returns it to him. She also tries to get him to come outside with her, so they can run around in the rain, and have a wonderful time together. Melchior had been in love with her, but felt divided until this minute. In a sudden flourish of romantism, Melchior starts having sex with Wendla. She feels as though she's not supposed to (even though she doesn't know how children are born or anythign about sex). Melchior assures her that it's fine, and that it is a good thing (which the playwright insinuates is a true statement.) After three or four attempts to stop it from happening, Wendla gives in and "feels heaven break over her".

But it is not a sexy musical, and this is no peep show. Of course it is simulated, but the setting is far from erotic. It is romantic, and beautiful, but the vulgarity is not present at all. That's why I try to seperate getDare and Spring Awakening.

There are dire consequences for this beautiful moment, all stemming from the adult's vanity, and society's norms. Wend;a becomes pregnant. Her mom takes her to a midwife (who specializes in risky abortion procedures). These procedures kill Wendla. When Melchior learns of her death, he almost kills himself but Wendla and Moritz come back as ghosts who convince Melchior to stay alive.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1090 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    This sounds really cool! I've been loving your updates.