Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 5 votes, 4.40 average.

Why butterflies are better than bears

Posted 02-20-2015 at 04:38 PM by Butterfly
Updated 02-20-2015 at 04:54 PM by Butterfly

I want to start this blog by saying that I have nothing against bears, and this blog may or may not be directed at one picnic-basket-stealing-bear in general.

So .... why are butterflies better than bears?

1. Butterflies are colorful and beautiful. Bears are brown. Ewww, who likes the color brown?

2. Butterflies can fly! Have you ever seen a bear fly? Point made.

3. Bears injure people. When is the last time you saw a story in the news, or a video on youtube about a butterfly attacking and seriously injuring, or killing a person?

4. There are about 20,000 varieties of butterflies in the world. There are only 8 species of bears. Why? Because bears suck.

5. Bears are lazy. Both butterflies (as caterpillars) and bears spend a lot of time eating and preparing for the winter. However, when a bear hibernates, he literally does nothing but sleep, on the other hand, butterflies (as caterpillars) use that time to transform into something beautiful.

6. Butterflies are known as symbols of inspiration. They symbolize things such as grace, elegance, beauty, transformation, celebration, transition and growth. People use bears as an expression as anger or grumpiness "He is a bear in the morning".

Click image for larger version

Name:	grumpy-bear.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	280

7. Bears are hairy. Enough said.

8. Bears are smelly. When is the last time you heard of somebody stepping in butterfly poop? Ummm never.

Name:	zIMG_2463-churchill-polar-bear-poop.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	281

9. Bears steal food from humans (whether it is picnic baskets, or food from a cooler). On the other hand, Butterflies help humans by helping the environment; pollinating flowers and eating weedy species.

Name:  3830062097_c1bd27bec7.jpg
Views: 1475
Size:  33.9 KB

10. In our society, we frequently see bears being used solely for our amusement: Care Bears, Yogi Bear, bears in circuses, bears in zoos, teddy bears ... Bears are amusing and funny to laugh at, but are pretty much useless for anything else. Butterflies on the other hand don't need to be used for our entertainment because they are truly beautiful and awe inspiring on their own.

Name:	funny-polar-bear-dancing-chacha-540x402.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	279

To summarize, bears are bad! Butterflies are ALWAYS better than bears.

Name:	bear-funny-animal-humor-19937516-2048-1463.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	278

And if for some reason there is any doubt, I would like to remind a particular bear, that THIS butterfly (me!) has magic powers, and nothing can beat my butterfly magic.

Name:  graphics-butterflies-721466.gif
Views: 1427
Size:  22.1 KB

Views 1108 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Bears blame others too!:

Yogi: See what I have to put up with thanks to you!!!
    Yogi: Will never lose this damn yogi bear name!!

I have no idea why he is pouting, he admitted he loves it really!

This.is.awesome.

2. Old Comment
    Well, you have convinced me! I am firmly in the Butterfly column! Silly bears!
  3. Old Comment
    This is sooo cute! Love it! I'm convinced! Except that I know of one creature that can beat butterfly magic (or at least go head to head).... pixie magic!
    I could list alllll the reasons why pixies are amazing but getDare doesn't have enough space.
  4. Old Comment
    Clearly delusional - so so wrong!!

and well maybe I laughed my head off reading through this, hate you!!!
  5. Old Comment
    this really made me laugh and I agree butterflies really are great and a source of inspiration
    but I guess this also means you don’t like A Bear Hug

6. Old Comment
    I love this! It was funny and your logic was flawless. Butterflies are clearly superior to bears! ...Except when it comes to stuffed animals. Bears are just more huggable, don't you think?