Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Bleona's Life

If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen bitch.
Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.

Responding to ads

Posted 10-11-2016 at 04:56 PM by bleonav06

When I look at ads, albeit these are mostly for female ads but it occurs on male ads as well, I see a flurry of responses saying pm me or kik me. That is such a terrible method of getting people to respond to you. If you want people to put the time and effort into responding to you then put some god damn effort in your response. Sure there are some absolutely terrible ads created on here that barely dignify a response but it pains me when I see a half decent ad that is flooded with 10 people just saying the same thing. Try telling the op why you two would work well together, talk about your kinks, talk about your experience and expectation. Just say something so that you can separate yourself from the rest of the simpletons that are responding to said post.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 555 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    This should be posted as a sticky in that section, for sure.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wolf82 View Comment
    This should be posted as a sticky in that section, for sure.
    thank you very much, I see it far too often and it is aggravating. If that was my post I would never even consider talking to one of them, not that they are necessarily inferior doms/subs (although they most likely are) but in a relationship you have to put in effort, and in an online relationship you have to put in even more effort so if the person does not care enough to put the effort in to respond reasonably then it is hard for them to maintain a proper relationship.
  3. Old Comment
    That's because real doms have the power to instantly subjugate anyone to their will by typing the magic command "ill b ur dom kik me," which makes subs instantly wet their panties and beg to be their slave forever.

Ok, sarcasm aside, I believe there are two sides to this as well. A well written reply, even though that person is not suitable, deserves a response too. I have seen many threads where people posted well articulated responses, only to see the thread starter completely ignore them (and in some cases, just disappear after posting the ad). It is also the responsibility of the ad posters to encourage quality replies.

What I would also like to see is those dumb kik-me responses being humiliated by the ad posters. That should discourage those drive-by dom-wannabees. Being a sub doesn't mean being a doormat for every random "dom" on the internet.
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Runesmith View Comment
    That's because real doms have the power to instantly subjugate anyone to their will by typing the magic command "ill b ur dom kik me," which makes subs instantly wet their panties and beg to be their slave forever.

Ok, sarcasm aside, I believe there are two sides to this as well. A well written reply, even though that person is not suitable, deserves a response too. I have seen many threads where people posted well articulated responses, only to see the thread starter completely ignore them (and in some cases, just disappear after posting the ad). It is also the responsibility of the ad posters to encourage quality replies.

What I would also like to see is those dumb kik-me responses being humiliated by the ad posters. That should discourage those drive-by dom-wannabees. Being a sub doesn't mean being a doormat for every random "dom" on the internet.
    That second part has some merit but let's use a fishing analogy here to illustrate my point. So you go to the pond and are hoping to catch some fish. You put some shitty bait on the hook and what will you catch? Nothing. Now you learn your lesson and try and bait it up with the best lure and bait, you are going to have a much better chance than you did before but it is not going to be 100%.

This site does not permit anything that hurts people's feelings so I do not think that would go over well. And a lot of the time it would make the sub look bad because a lot of people have the misconception that the sub should never stand up to the dom even if the dom is wrong which is a stigma that needs to go away.
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bleonav06 View Comment
    This site does not permit anything that hurts people's feelings so I do not think that would go over well.
    Well, I have done it plenty of times. As long as you are sarcastic and/or passive aggressive without resorting to name calling, no one can find fault.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bleonav06 View Comment
    And a lot of the time it would make the sub look bad because a lot of people have the misconception that the sub should never stand up to the dom even if the dom is wrong which is a stigma that needs to go away.
    Yes, most wannabee "masters" get upset when a sub sets rules or talks back to them. Being a sub does not equate to being a doormat.
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Runesmith View Comment
    Well, I have done it plenty of times. As long as you are sarcastic and/or passive aggressive without resorting to name calling, no one can find fault.

Yes, most wannabee "masters" get upset when a sub sets rules or talks back to them. Being a sub does not equate to being a doormat.
    "Do not flame, all criticism must be constructive" is a rough paraphrasing of what the rules state and somehow that got me on probation for a few days. I guess if I took my rudeness and exercised it in a more comical way then maybe I would be able to get away with it more. In the future I will try your tactics.

People cannot venture on this journey that do not understand how the world works. Balance is the key to everything and a relationship with someone on here is no different. A person cannot just say that they are someone's dom and start barking orders and disrespect the sub's limits no matter what. No means no. Damn it I got sidetracked I was really excited to say something else but I forgot it.