Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Dare Reports

Rating: 49 votes, 2.22 average.

Dares & the difference between a nudge and a push

Posted 12-07-2019 at 05:41 PM by SilverBlue
Updated 11-20-2020 at 06:35 PM by SilverBlue

She walked across the wide road and found a spot amongst the others on the street, her wide hazel eyes watching, taking in all the activity that was going on around her. The activity that she was now a participant in. Her thoughts raced in her mind, as her heart raced in her breast. Did she really want to be there, was she about to become a willing participant in something that, if she was honest with herself, deep down she really wanted to do? Was the dare merely a trigger, she only lacked the encouragement to go ahead with it before? Perhaps.

She shook her head, no, a frown formed on her face, no it most definitely was not. But why, why was she there then, if it really wasn't something she wanted to do? It was her volition to surrendering to what others wanted. The 'buzz' came from the very nature that she was doing it all against her will - like a hypnotised stage 'puppet'. The voyeuristic satisfaction which she gave to others to see her endure the task, and endure it she would.

What is the nature of a dare?
When we're given a dare, we often list likes and limits around what we do, and even seek out specific dares to do that 'tickle our fancy'. Someone who likes scat dares but not public exposure would make it clear that they would not do dare X but they would readily do dare Y. That raises an interesting question, at the fundamental level, do we choose to just do the dares we like and if so, are we still doing dares or are we just looking for motivators to take on a task we'd do anyway?

This person told me to do what I like to do, so I'm doing it, but only because they told me to do it.

I enjoy running, I enjoy exploring the beautiful tracks and trails I'm blessed to have access to around New Zealand. I was a top runner at high school athletics days, I have as many running shoes as I have heels. Keeping fit is important to me, and physically I'm in quite good shape - not to blow my own trumpet. They say 'if you've got it, flaunt it' and I'm not one to shy away from any attention I get, heck I might even feed off it in some vain way. I think that is why I label myself an 'exhibitionist'. I've been naked outdoors, it's not always just sexual either, it gives me a sense of freedom too.

It may come as no surprise then, that I've looked for dares that involve exhibitionism and that the dares people have given me required nudity to some extent - although I do believe they liked getting me naked too. So does doing those types of dares mean I would drink my own urine or lick a toilet bowl or drink a litre of water until I was busting to go - no. But surely they would all be a challenging dares, as difficult to do as being naked in public, or getting used sexually in a mens-room, right? I hear you cry 'no Silver, those would just be your likes and your limits'. I 100% agree that there are legitimate reasons for having limits and sticking to them. Social suicide, safety, privacy, heck even something as obvious as avoiding breaking the law.

Doing a dare that we want to do may simply be a way to fulfil a kink, that personal desire to do something we get a buzz from, but in a different or original way. So, in many cases, dares are just ideas on ways to explore our kink. For example, would I think to go to a nudist beach? Sure, but would I think to go to a roadside at night and stand naked to all on coming traffic? No way.

I double-dare you!
I've explored the idea that dares are just fresh ideas and suggestions to further explore our kinks with, but what about those dares that push us? Are we driven to do them because of some sort of motivating factor, or is there an intrinsic buzz from doing something that we wouldn't do - those dares that push us from our comfort zone, that redefine our limits. I can't speak for everyone, but I know for me, doing something I don't really want to do, but surrendering to requirements of the dare and committing to do it, can be a real buzz. Additionally, doing the tasks for the entertainment of those who read the reports.

I'm not for one moment telling you 'go out and do that risky dare and consequences be damned!' I'm just reflecting on my own journey, that giving others that power over me, to the point of being a sub, is where the dare becomes more than just a kink.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 985 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Very good reflection. I love how you are conscious, decisive and careful about what you do and what you don't do.

Enjoy your blog very much.
  2. Old Comment
    It is interesting. I have wondered many of the same things. To me, sometimes, a dare is like permission: Go and do that thing! The dare is the motivator and the audience. I want to show the audience my depravity. Without that audience, am I depraved?

I am often amazed how many people list “humiliation” as a kink and then say “no public”. Who humiliated you if not the public?

Anyway, back to the main topic. I want dares that are new, doable, and pushing in some way. I would LOVE to be dared irl, near me. After some years, the delight of this is rare. So I seek others who I can push to do what I would love to do in their place. As a dare-er I seek to be bth sides, and, in this forum, I often am, the excitement is in my own mind.

My new fun would be, I guess, for someone to find a stranger for me.

Anyway...press on Silver Blue. Let us be free and have fun!
  3. Old Comment
    This is where I tend to split. Limits are your limits for sure - and they're there for a reason. But to me, anything outside of your limits should be fair game. Just because a dare doesn't involve one's interests doesn't mean that they shouldn't do it. Isn't that the point of the dare . . . to do something that you wouldn't normally do?

To that end if you only take dares that involve your interests aren't you in reality just domming from the bottom?
  4. Old Comment
    SB very thought provoking, and I suppose true, but over the years playing with Emily we have both explored our limits challenged them and been pushed through, there are still limits we have but we are more open to having our boundaries expanded and pushing through them.

Most probably like you, (prior to your Ultimate Slut Dare), had someone out of the blue told me to do something, beyond my limits I doubt I would have, but by going on a journey of exploration, limits can be pushed and broken.

Mr C