Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Lokelake's I don't know

Rate this Entry

Me and My dad (sounds funny, huh depp?)

Posted 10-04-2009 at 02:51 PM by lokelake
Updated 10-05-2009 at 01:41 PM by lokelake

Me and my dad don't believe people should be gay. Now, a true friend, wouldn't hate us nor insult us for our beliefs.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2276 Comments 16
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 16

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I don't think many people would hate you for the belief- pity you and laugh at you yes, but hate is way too much effort!

Just to clarify though, why does it make the slightest difference to you or your dad whether someone is gay? I think on balance the world would be a much better place if everyone were gay than say... christian.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jacques View Comment
    I don't think many people would hate you for the belief- pity you and laugh at you yes, but hate is way too much effort!

Just to clarify though, why does it make the slightest difference to you or your dad whether someone is gay? I think on balance the world would be a much better place if everyone were gay than say... christian.
    You weren't in the chat earlier.
  3. Old Comment
    Tbh Loke, this really was unnecessary...

Now for my 2 pence.

I think you'll find that almost all gay and bisexual people (myself and my mother included) don't really care whether you approve of our lifestyle choices or not.
    Posted 10-05-2009 at 02:27 AM by CollaredBlondie CollaredBlondie is offline
  4. Old Comment
    I've got 4 words.

Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

(and go to your little churchy thingy. I've heard it makes you appreciate other people's uniqueness.)

a little dramatic but i think everything gets the point now (;
  5. Old Comment
    Me and my dad don't believe people should be gay.

That's your choice. Me and my family believe people should love life and each other, regardless of what gender they are.

A true friend wouldn't hate us for our beliefs.

So don't hate us for ours either.
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lokelake View Comment
    You weren't in the chat earlier.
    No, but you posted this on a blog where everyone on the site (most whom I would guess were not in chat either) can see it, you must have known it would provoke people. If you wanted to say that to just Depp you would have sent it in a PM.
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by interesting View Comment
    Me and my dad don't believe people should be gay.

That's your choice. Me and my family believe people should love life and each other, regardless of what gender they are.

A true friend wouldn't hate us for our beliefs.

So don't hate us for ours either.
    Me too. Me and my family also believes people should love each other no matter the gender.
  8. Old Comment

cant help it

No offence lokelake but after this and your signature I really cant help posting a reaction.
    Your quotation actually made me think off a joke I head when I was little.

Quote lokelake’s signature: 1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

The joke goes something like this.

Garry went to heaven

stPeter: Welcome Garry
    Garry a bit nervous: hello
    stPeter: now let me see my books says you’ve always been nice to people and there is no hate in your live, this means you can pass.
    Garryffeww
    stPeter: no follow me
    Garry follows stPeter into the corridors off heaven when all of a sudden.
    stPeter: sst walk on your toes and be quiet
    Garry: why is that
    stPeter: this is where all the narrow minded people are they think they’re on their own

This would sound better if it where in Dutch but still

Further more your quotation states that straight not feminized people are better then others for they go to heaven , so they think they are the first people to go to heaven

Now in this context I think you should look at an other quotation off the bible:

Mathew 20:16 So the last will be first, and the first will be last."
  9. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lokelake View Comment
    Me too. Me and my family also believes people should love each other no matter the gender.
    Just not in any physical sense. Got it.

Personnally, I think love is beautiful, in any way, shape or form. Spiritual, mental, and physical.

I think physical love can be merely another form of expression that can take love to new heights of wellness and understanding, and I think people should enjoy the wondrous gift that is sexual fulfillment, however it is manifested in regards to biological parts.

I also think that God does not care what appendage goes where if the love is real. But I'm not quoting the Bible on it, because I base this assumption on a personal belief in an all-loving entity, that does not pass judgement nor does it reject anyone. We are either saved or we are not.
  10. Old Comment

cant help it

Quote:
    Originally Posted by klaazz View Comment

Not sure why you put that in here, but here what it means:

"The teaching implies that those who have prospered through wickedness will fail, whereas the good who have suffered for the sake of God will win salvation."

Source: http://www.answers.com/topic/the-last-shall-be-first#
  11. Old Comment
    Loke wow. I dont know what to say. My best friend is gay. But hate and discouragement is not the way to spread the lord. You are not the only religious person on this site. The bible was written long ago. Things change. And while the core stuff is still true to this day, God does not preach hate, despite what anyone might tell you. The Westboro Baptist Church is wrong and anyone who doesn't treat gays and bisexuals (even those who say you shouldn't be gay) are just as bad. What would you do if your child came home one day and said that he/she was gay/lesbian. More and more parents are coming home and are facing this situation. More and more research is saying people were born gay. And even if that isn't accurate, it is still not right to mistreat homosexuals. Gays and bisexuals are just as equal as a straight man or women.

One last thing: Answers.com isn't the most accurate of sources. Also, every religious views that quote different ways.
    Updated 10-05-2009 at 08:00 PM by Manbearpig
  12. Old Comment
    @Manbearpig

If I ever had kids, I will bring them up in the Christian way. I know, I do treat gays as equal as I do non-gays, God does too. Are you religious too?

Yeah I know, people loves to purposefully miss-quote/nit-picking/take the bible out of context to show God hates people.
  13. Old Comment
    So by what you're saying...

Gay = people.
    God <3 people.
    You <3 God.
    Therefore you love gay people.

I see a little problem here...
  14. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LilAngel View Comment
    So by what you're saying...

Gay = people.
    God <3 people.
    You <3 God.
    Therefore you love gay people.

I see a little problem here...
    Yes, I love gay people as equally as much of as non gay people.
  15. Old Comment
    tard.
    Trolls try to start arguments. I wonder what's happening here..
  16. Old Comment
    I didn't realize how many immature people are in the world. People just can't like others for who they are. They love to hate and insult others because of their beliefs. Did Jesus insult people? Did he call people retards, idiots, stupid etc...? Nope he didn't. Christians follows Jesus, so since Jesus didn't insult people, why do Christians insult? Remember, insulting is a sin. Jesus said, "The wages of sin is death."

Betty, if you don't want to take part in an argument, then simply don't participate in one. Also, if you claim someone is a troll here on getdare, why do you still reply to his/hers blogs and threads?