Go Back   getDare Forums > Blogs

Old

Posing

Posted 06-11-2018 at 12:14 PM by Cassandra (Mad prophecies from ancient greece)

I still have the blog about why people claim to be another sex or gender. I think I still bother with the topic because I do. In daily life I pose as a man. Even as gay, due to my husband. I don't say I was a man or gay but I know most people assume and I don't correct them. Sometimes I pose as a sissy though I know I ain't. I have fun with playing one but it ain't me. I am not a woman neither and still I sometimes pose as that.

Because I am not one nor the other. But often enough...
Prodigy
Old

Coming out

Posted 04-22-2018 at 09:54 AM by Cassandra (Mad prophecies from ancient greece)

Thanks to sockless74's blog post, I have seriously asked myself how I came along. I think partly, I didn't try to fool anyone, but on the other hand, I have meddled and struggled with how others conceive me.

I am transgender. I thought it didn't play a role too much that I was, and still do, but on the other hand: society. That's the whole trouble it's about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Transgender people are those who have a gender identity or gender expression that differs from their assigned sex.
Prodigy
Old

When an Elf kissed a Dwarf

Posted 04-17-2018 at 11:08 AM by Cassandra (Mad prophecies from ancient greece)

Inspired by sockless74's blog post, I'd like to share an episode on my life. Maybe it brings some insight to a gender topic he brought up.

Around a decade ago, when I was still pretty young, I started to play the MMORPG Cosrin. It was completely text-based, but I loved it. When starting it, I decided for a female Elf monk. I gave my virtual character a decent description, went on adventure, leveled up, and roleplayed.

After having met and played with plenty of cool people,...
Prodigy
Old

Women have a penis!

Posted 04-01-2018 at 09:17 AM by Cassandra (Mad prophecies from ancient greece)

You know it's April's fool? So be careful (or just don't and play with the jokes and pranks).

BUT, this one is seriously. Yes, *rant warning on*.

I am even angry writing this, like I am angry all along the year with such topics about our sexist world. Especially since so many people around me are so nice, and non-sexist, or at least these kind of issues are no issues with them. So with most people I don't have any beef in this. A minority is making me so angry (and I...
Prodigy
Old

Ten facts I wish all knew (about gender and sexuality)

Posted 02-06-2018 at 10:46 AM by Cassandra (Mad prophecies from ancient greece)
Updated 02-06-2018 at 11:31 AM by Cassandra

1. There are not just two genders
Naturally, nature works. In fact in detail, everything is quite complicated. But to stay sane, we Human beings need to simplify things. Like tables generally have four legs and a plate. Or most often. Or at least they are made to put stuff on them and sit around them on chairs. Or stand in front of them and do stuff with things on them.
Take a closer look at bees and ants. Or go look up Humon Animal lives. Or Schizophyllum.

2. Genders are...
Prodigy
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Women, men and other humans Part 2

Posted 11-19-2017 at 04:27 PM by Cassandra (Mad prophecies from ancient greece)
Updated 06-17-2018 at 06:46 AM by Cassandra

Part 1

- We are all sexist. Our society is. Even our laws. Conscription laws. Some decades ago women couldn't join the German army anywhere else but in medic or musician divisions. Though currently unused, the state can only conscript men. Around twenty years ago, courts called this fair and equal because "women have to bear children."
Currently, in Germany, women have a two year lower pension age than men. Why?
Our societies still have to cope with plenty of sexist...
Prodigy
Old

Women, men and other humans Part 1

Posted 11-19-2017 at 04:26 PM by Cassandra (Mad prophecies from ancient greece)
Updated 11-19-2017 at 06:37 PM by Cassandra

Growing up in a small German town in the 1980s and 1990s, I have always tended to be of different opinion and a social alien. Maybe if I hadn't questioned and challenged so many standards, I wouldn't have had as much trouble. Anyway, I did, and I also suffered from ubiquitous sexism, quite balanced positive as well as negative, though I tended to overlook it. Even recently, I noticed I am sexist myself. Still today, for me it's in plenty of commercials, ads, everyday phrases and simple sayings, as well...
Prodigy