Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Slutty Princess

Thoughts, Rants, Opinions, Tales, and Musings of a Princess.
Rate this Entry

Things You Should Know

Posted 09-26-2016 at 05:04 PM by The Slutty Princess
Updated 09-26-2016 at 05:08 PM by The Slutty Princess

I've learned a lot of things through college and the last few weeks and I thought I'd share the knowledge. With so much negativity on here, here is a little positivity; things you should know; things you should do more of. I love all of you. Forewarning, I apologize for my bad language.

1. Appreciate your relatives; you never know what'll happen. If you have problems with relatives, work them out know. It will only get worse over time.

2. If you don't want to wear makeup, don't. You are young, beautiful, and charming nonetheless. Society can go fuck itself.

3. It’s really okay to love yourself. Appreciate the funny curve of your nose, and that gap in your teeth make your smile prettier. Just because you don’t look like that girl in the magazine doesn’t mean you can’t tell yourself you’re beautiful.

4. Do what makes you happy. I know you’ve heard this a million times, but I can’t stress this enough. Go after your dream job even if it goes against every thing your parents wanted. If you don’t like where you live, move. Your friends don’t make you laugh until your sides hurt? You don’t have to be friends with them anymore. You’re in control. No one else. Don’t fall under the pressure of pleasing people. Please yourself and live for you and by you.

5. Love who you want. Regardless of gender, skin color, or societal views. Please never give up true love because you’re scared. Love is a beautiful, beautiful thing, and if you’re lucky enough to come across it don’t you dare walk away from it because of what others will think. Take the looks, the whispers, and the criticism with a smile, grab your lover's hand, and if you’re feeling extra happy, kiss them for the world to see. Let me tell you, the world is only jealous because they simply can’t understand love.

6. Alone time is good for the soul. I truly believe that. I think it’s good to cancel your plans sometimes, close your door, turn off your phone, and play some John Mayer (or whatever you prefer). Maybe you could read a book, or hell even write one if you’re up for it. But take some time to yourself and learn to be happy with just you and the sound of your breathing. At the end of the day, you are the only person that is guaranteed to stick around, so you might as well learn to enjoy the way laugh at your own jokes or the way you pronounce words when you read aloud. Being comfortable alone is more important than you know.

7. Take long showers and lay on your bed naked after, sing too loud, sleep through your classes one day, and another day just don’t leave the couch. It’s okay to just decide you don’t have responsibilities for a little bit. Everyone needs a day ever so often to just relax. It’s okay to be lazy. It’s okay to sleep for 12 hours straight. It’s okay to go to bed at 6 AM because you’re reading and wake up at 3 the next day. Treat yourself, but most importantly love yourself enough to give yourself time to breathe.

8. At the end of the day, you were born you and you are going to die you. You need to love you.

9. Do not compromise who you are to impress someone else. You are a wonderfully constructed individual. Your trials, experiences, and life all together have sculpted you into the most lovely version of you possible. If a person doesn’t like the way you live, from your sex life to your music taste, who cares? You were not put on this earth to impress them, or anyone for that matter. Impress yourself. Stick to what you want, stand up for what you believe, and tell people to screw off if they have an issue with any of it. It’s your life.

10. Stop glamorizing sadness. Sadness is not beautiful. It does not glow. Disorders are not something to make light of, and scars are not something to be ignored. Be proud of who you are. Eat that hamburger, and put the razor down. And most importantly, smile. Happiness is by far the most beautiful thing about a person.

11. Life literally never goes as planned. Don’t waste your time fretting over the future. Faith and destiny work hand in hand to make sure life keeps you on your toes.

12. Being young is the most fantastic, exciting adventure you will ever endure. And when you get older you’ll wish for these years back, even all the bad days that came along with it. So enjoy your youth, relish in it. Because you will never be younger than you are right this second.

13. It will all be okay at the end of the day. Life has a funny way of working out.

14. Remember that you never truly know a person until you’ve had many full and deep conversations with them. Don’t judge so quickly and leave room for love with each person you meet.

15. Be confident. Be compassionate. Be intelligent. Be humble.

16. Don't take things for granted. Be thankful that you have a blanket to cover yourself with, a warm meal every night, money to spend on your pleasures. These are all blessings, make sure you count them. I'm not sure just how many people really know that many people don't have these blessings.

17. Love the little things in life. Love the cuddle time, the warm bath, the books, your personality, everything. Push the hate out of your heart.

18. And lastly, if you ever feel unloved and worthless, just know I love you and find the utmost worth in you. You’re destined for big things, now go get them.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 912 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Absolutely beautiful.

Also Im very sorry for the loss of your grandfather.
  2. Old Comment
    You are beautiful Lia

What you wrote has made me something I haven't been in a long time ~ speechless.

Thank you.
    Updated 09-27-2016 at 10:10 AM by Joan Sky
  3. Old Comment
    You have wisdom beyond your years! What a wonderful world we would live in if everyone lived by your words.

You love, and in return you are loved.
  4. Old Comment
    Great!
    And many truths.
    But.....
    12, yes young is great, don't spoil it.
    But.
    Don't fear to get older, it also brings good things
  5. Old Comment
    Lia,
    You are starting to experience so very much all at once. You have gone through hardship levels back to back. Plus college on top of that. Life opens up your eyes, when you don't expect it. Your thoughts are great. Good words to follow to move forward.