Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

A Magical Day continued ...

Posted 05-29-2017 at 02:10 PM by Butterfly
Updated 03-15-2018 at 07:44 PM by Butterfly

Read part 1 here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I walked down the aisle, I didn't want to look at Asslvr. I knew if I looked into his eyes, I was not going to be able to keep it together. Instead I focused on breathing and walking. But finally I couldn't avoid it any longer. To my surprise, looking at him actually calmed me. I looked and I saw only him. Everything else disappeared.

Click image for larger version

Name:	received_10155312743766255.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	514

When I reached the front, I could hear Asslvr sniffling, and I knew he had been crying. I wanted to reach out and touch him and kiss him right then, but I waited patiently.

When it was finally time to saw our vows, I was just grateful to hold his hand. As I said the first few words of my vows, I felt my lip starting to quiver, I was going to cry, but I took a deep breath and looked at the love of my life and said:

Quote:
[Asslvr], when I first met you, I did not believe in destiny or fate but how else can I explain meeting my soulmate 3 years ago. You were the most selfless, understanding, caring person that I had ever met. Even from 3000 miles away, you were right beside me to wipe away my tears, make me laugh and read me to sleep. Moving here to be with you was hard and scary at times, but I would not change it. I have never been happier. You make me feel beautiful, safe, brave, strong, and loved in ways that I never thought possible. You are the sweetest, kindest, craziest man I have ever met.

I promise to spend the rest of my life making you feel loved, cherished and supported. I promise that I will be there for you, that I will always listen to you and that I will strive to be the best partner to you. I promise to always love you, even when you lose at poker. I promise to not only grow old together, but to grow together. I promise to cry with you during times of sorrow, lift you up during times of weakness, and laugh with you during times of joy.

I believe that we can accomplish more together, than I ever could alone.
As Asslvr started to say his vows, he got very emotional. I squeezed his hand to comfort him, but it seemed to make it worse. He did a wonderful job and was able to get through them:

Quote:
[Butterfly], I believe fate brought us together for a reason. With all the uncertainties in life, the one thing I am certain of is my unconditional love for you. You make me feel happier, stronger and more content than I ever thought possible. You are the most amazing, loving caring and trusting woman, and I could not be more proud to be here with you today.

I promise to love you with every fiber of my being. I promise to respect you as your own person and realize that your interests and needs are no less important than my own. I promise to share my thoughts, my feelings, my fears and my triumphs. I promise to stand by your side. No matter what life brings, you can always trust that I will be there for you. I promise to clean the kitty litter, kill the scary spiders, pick up your little socks and all the little things I can do to make your life better.

I believe that we can accomplish more together, than I ever could alone.
After the vows, we did a sand ceremony where our moms laid the foundation in one color, and then Asslvr and I layered two different colors of sand to symbolize us coming together. Then we were pronounced husband and wife and we got to have a very steamy kiss (with tongue). After we all the legal documents were signed, we walked back up the aisle to "Marry You".

Even though I had not felt tense at all prior to the ceremony, I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I felt so happy and floaty and giddy.

We did some family photos in the lobby of the hotel and then the bridal party piled into a few cars and went to a nearby park. It was an absolutely gorgeous day. When I had looked at the forecast two weeks prior to the wedding, it was supposed to be cold and grey and possibly even snow on our wedding day. When I looked a few days before, it said it was supposed to be very hot and sunny. I was afraid I would melt in my poofy dress. However, the day was perfect. It was 22 degrees C with a light breeze. I didn't get hot at all during our photos. The only rough part of pictures was that my dress became a bug net. I had spiders and flys and mosquitos all trapped in my dress. Ick! But I was able to keep calm.

We haven't received all of the photos back, but we had a sneak peek and they were wonderful.

Name:	chantal-chris-wedding-12.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	516

After photos, it was time to go back to the hotel and get ready for the party. We had a drink in the bridal suite as my mom tightened my corset and shook the bugs out.

At 6:50 we entered the ballroom with our bridal party while "Shut Up and Dance With Me" played.

The dinner was delicious, the speeches were heartfelt and we were so grateful for everything and everybody who had led us to this day. The best man played a game with us where we stood back to back on the dance floor. We each held one shoe of our own and one shoe of our partner. As he asked us questions, we had to answer by raising the shoe of the person we thought fit. The questions ranged from "Who is the clumsiest" to "Who is the most likely to make the bedroom floor their personal laundry basket" and ended perfectly on "Right now, who in the world do you love more than anybody else".

After walking around and visiting with each table of guests, Asslvr and I took a private moment before our first dance. The dance was the part that I was most nervous about, however as we dance to "Bubbly", I enjoyed having the time to just be with my new husband. To talk to him and see how he was enjoying himself. I loved seeing how happy he was.

Afterwards, I did a dance with my mom and then Asslvr did one with his.

The DJ got the party started with "Uptown Funk". Although this was the only time the dance floor was really hopping all night, I still think that everybody enjoyed themselves. We had a selfie station set up and it was almost constantly being used. People would go up and choose some fun props from the basket and take pictures. Some of them were hilarious, but my favorite is one where Asslvr is wearing a veil and I am in a top hat.

At this point, I was very very hot in my dress. Even though I had a fan under the table, I couldn't get cooled down from all the dancing. I knew there were a few things I wanted to get done before I changed, so we changed the schedule a little bit and we got ready to cut the cake.

Name:	received_10155312743461255.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	515

We actually went with a small cake for us to cut, and then we had cupcakes in three different flavors: pink velvet, white chocolate chip and mint chocolate. The pink velvet was especially delicious! I am so proud of Asslvr for resisting the temptation to rub the cake in my face. It probably helped that I threatened him with spankings before the wedding :P

After the cake, we did the bouquet toss ("Single Ladies) and the garter toss (Mission Impossible Theme). I was really blushy with the garter toss. I knew I was sweaty, and Asslvr had to go under my dress, in front of people! It was mortifying. Thankfully he got it quickly ("Whomp There it is") and tossed it to the single men.

I was finally able to change our of my dress by about 10:00 pm. I thought the feeling of removing a bra at the end of the day was heavenly, but I don't think anything can compare to the feeling of that dress coming off.

After I was comfortable in my little white dress, I rejoined the party. We spent the rest of the night dancing, singing, visiting, taking photos at the selfie station and drinking (I drank 8 of our signature cocktail the "Butterfly Kiss"). It was perfect!

Asslvr and I were one of the last people to leave the ballroom at 1:00 and my brothers walked us up to our room.

I could not have asked for a more magical and wonderful day. Although there were a few minor hiccups, it could not have been more perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are more than happy to answer any questions about the wedding in a dual written blog. Feel free to ask questions here or pm us
Views 1133 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    No questions, just best wishes on your continued journey! But you made me sniffle into my morning coffee...

(Also: I never thought I'd read a wedding report that included the phrase "mom tightened my corset and shook out the bugs".)
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cstelle View Comment
    (Also: I never thought I'd read a wedding report that included the phrase "mom tightened my corset and shook out the bugs".)
    What can I say? I like to keep things real

Thank you for your well wishes ♡
  3. Old Comment
    Loved The Vows ~ Perfect
    Posted 06-06-2017 at 12:38 PM by TongueFooMaster TongueFooMaster is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TongueFooMaster View Comment
    Loved The Vows ~ Perfect
    Thank you! We both tried to make them really special and just speak from the heart and I think they were perfect too.