Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > lydiab6

Rate this Entry

Regarding my Looking for a Jew Thread

Posted 01-14-2008 at 09:59 AM by lydiab6
Updated 01-14-2008 at 02:00 PM by lydiab6

I would like to publicly thank Naughty-Chloe for trying to bring my post back on topic, I really do appreciate it. and I am sorry that I responded to i own you's posts,not because I feel that I am in the wrong, but because it was way off topic.

The purpose of my thread was to find people with something in common with me. But in this thread, my beliefs were being attacked, and because of who I am, my beliefs are a large part of who I am, so I was being attacked. and I can not just sit back and say nothing. I was not attacking other religions, I was not attacking science. Science is a great tool. Religion is another. It has been my life experiences that people who have faith and beleif in something greater than themselves have something to hold on to when life gets harder. I would not be around if it were not for faith.

My grandmother was told it was medically impossible for her to conceive children. She saw countless doctors and had many tests and tried many things. After years of this, doctors told her that she should give up and adopt. Her response was "Only God knows that, and He's not telling" About a year later she found one more doctor, and after he examined my grandmother, he said "I'm sorry, there is nothing I can do for you, You're already 4and a 1/2 months pregnant". Do to her chemical makeup, she rarely got her period, and did not have morning sickness. This happened twice.

While you may be skeptical, and argue that God did nothing. I know that the story is true, and I know that my grandmother's never ending faith in God gave her the energy she needed to keep going, not just this time but many times after it. God may have done nothing, but it doesn't matter because she believes he did, and that Belief, without proof, continues to keep her moving.

So call me a fool. Call me weak minded. My mind is strong and sharp. I am Jewish, I am a believer in both religion and evolution, and I don't see anything wrong with that.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2903 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    if i could +rep you again i would right now (you were the last person i plused so it's not going to work)

You know something, you've got about 27 posts and 4 bars of rep, you're doing something right girl.

Faith is a great tool, it gives strength. Where ever you find your faith so be it. It seems to me that in a way some people place a faith in science, saying abstract things about science, and making seudo facts up. They're people who really don't know much about science or the world in general.

Not a very well constructed reply i know, more just fragments of thought.
  2. Old Comment
    *clap clap*

Well-written blog entry!

While I may not agree with where you stand with religion, I'd rather you have something to believe in than nothing at all... sometimes I wonder if any of us are right with the whole religion thing, which is why I tend to leave that out of my arguments with people.

BTW, cute puppy- typing for you?
  3. Old Comment
    When choosing one to be on my side I would choose you over "I Own You" any day. Hold on to what you believe and gives you strength. As a Christian I share the same God as you and I have seen his power, his love and his mercy played out more than once in my lifetime.
  4. Old Comment
    Damn ment to mention the puppy! (though it looks like it's peeing on the laptop!)
  5. Old Comment
    Hey no problem lydia The way I understood your thread when it was first put on was like the ones "Who else is from Michigan" for ex. and not necessarily a religion-oriented thread. As a moderator I did not want to see a "my convictions are better than yours" debate there... As an individual, I am not a religious person myself but do believe in respecting others' beliefs & convinctions and not to force my own convictions upon others...

And, me too, I love your puppy pic!
    Posted 01-14-2008 at 07:43 PM by SubMissChievous SubMissChievous is offline
    Updated 01-14-2008 at 08:20 PM by SubMissChievous