Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs

You're sitting in a dingy bar. You drain the dregs of the last alcoholic beverage you can afford for the night. You've got one shiny coin left. You look around for something to spend it on. There's a charity jar at the end of the bar, which you reach out for. But just beyond it you see a big flashing jukebox. You walk over and slot your coin in. Not sure what to choose, you hit RANDOM.
The discs whirr into place, and it comes up...
Old

1000 BPM - Beck

Posted 01-19-2009 at 06:12 PM by Hampers (Hampers' Box of Juke)
Updated 01-19-2009 at 06:37 PM by Hampers

I title this after Beck's amazing song for two reasons:

1) getDare has become very busy for me. I'm working on releasing a new awards system, which is a little harder than I thought it would be. I'm also working with Zeromus on writing a 'User's Guide to getDare'. But all of this pales in comparison to what depp is doing. He works around the clock (literally going days without sleep) on getting Unification up and running for you cats. Supporting him is pretty busy, as it means (for all...
Kiss Kiss FIRE!
Old

Sing - Blur

Posted 01-18-2009 at 09:15 PM by Hampers (Hampers' Box of Juke)

I'm trying to record some of my songs. IT DOESN'T HELP THAT I CANNOT SING! Stupid vocal chords.

Click image for larger version

Name:	trinity.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	28

So now my song's going to sound like some crap amateur wrote and performed it themselves on dodgy equipment.

Oh wait...
Kiss Kiss FIRE!
Old

One - U2

Posted 01-16-2009 at 07:31 AM by Hampers (Hampers' Box of Juke)
Updated 01-16-2009 at 07:39 AM by Hampers

See that? One - Unification, get it?

Well, work is well underway on Project Unification. Depp has decreed that the whole thing is to remain absolutely under wraps until launch date. It could cost me my position as moderator if I were to tell the general public any information about Project Runway Unification. But I've been a non-moderator user. I know what it's like to feel left out of the loop. I thought about how I would feel if I wasn't able to I thought it might be beneficial for me...
Kiss Kiss FIRE!
Old

Everybody Knows - Leonard Cohen

Posted 01-15-2009 at 05:53 AM by Hampers (Hampers' Box of Juke)
Updated 01-15-2009 at 06:37 AM by Hampers

It seems to me that there has been a spate of dares which have been torn down for being 'unsafe' or 'morally unethical'. Because you might hurt yourself, or because kids might see you.

In response to these suggestions, may I present the following two-word statement:

WELL DUH

It's a dare, stupid! The point is there's a risk that you might get hurt, or you might get in trouble. That's why you have to be DARING to do it! If you hurt yourself, there aren't...
Kiss Kiss FIRE!
Old

Weird Fishes - Radiohead

Posted 01-01-2009 at 05:40 PM by Hampers (Hampers' Box of Juke)
Updated 01-01-2009 at 11:45 PM by Hampers

Okay. This has been an idea floating around in my head for a long time, but I'm finally putting it up there.

My youtube collection:

Can't Lose - We Are Scientists
I'm so Postmodern - The Bedroom Philosopher
Slapstick Goes Experimental - Reeves and Mortimer
The Truth - Paul Merton

I hope this little list gives you some insight into who I am.
Kiss Kiss FIRE!
Old

Old School Shirt - Gomez

Posted 12-16-2008 at 09:20 PM by Hampers (Hampers' Box of Juke)

Well, today I finally got my results for my final exams - meaning I am now free from the clutches of the schooling system.

If you're wondering how I did:

Australia:
  • 1 Band 6
  • 5 Band 5s
UK:
  • 1 A*
  • 4 As
  • 1 B
America:
  • Damn good.
Peace cats.
Kiss Kiss FIRE!
Old

Any Colour You Like - Easy Star All-Stars [getDare on Gmail?]

Posted 11-27-2008 at 06:07 PM by Hampers (Hampers' Box of Juke)
Updated 11-30-2008 at 10:02 PM by Hampers

For those of you with Gmail accounts, you can't have missed the introduction of themed layouts.

I personally don't like many of them. A lot of them seem too dark to be easy on the eyes, like the 'classic' layout is. 2 of my 4 Gmail accounts have been reset to the classic layout.

My main personal account uses the graffiti layout, purely because I think it looks (in the words of Demitri Martin) crazy awesome.

What's interesting is to look at how some of them have...
Kiss Kiss FIRE!