Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Lokelake's I don't know

Rate this Entry

19? No? Somewhat of a Rant

Posted 08-09-2009 at 09:13 PM by lokelake

How can anyone not believe I am 19!?! How do you know my age? You just can't judge how old I or anyone else is by their lack of knowlege and their poor spelling and grammar. That's like me saying someone is older than their current age because their knowlege and grammar and spelling far exceeds their current age.

Yes, I am 19. I just happen to lack some knowlege and I happen to lack spelling and grammar. But do I care that I lack that stuff? No.

If I was "lying" about my age, then why would I bring up sometimes that in two years, I can legally drink?

None of you were around my life as I was growing up, so why make such a crappy judgement on my age?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2061 Comments 10
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 10

Comments

1. Old Comment
    This is very true. Anyone could judge that my age is incorrect, also. There is no proof that I'm 16, but there is also no proof that I am either older or younger.
  2. Old Comment
    (Comment deleted)
    Posted 08-10-2009 at 11:00 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  3. Old Comment
    No comment.
    But then again.
    ha.
  4. Old Comment
    I can't spell a damn thing, but my knowledge base is pretty good
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by erickj92 View Comment
    This is very true. Anyone could judge that my age is incorrect, also. There is no proof that I'm 16, but there is also no proof that I am either older or younger.
    Thanks erick. At least you agree with me. You too, brought up some good valid points.
  6. Old Comment
    I doubt people are saying you don't seem the age you are because of you spelling and grammar.
  7. Old Comment
    My uncle is 58 and he can't read nor write.
  8. Old Comment
    Two cents worth? Your blog post up there is actually very well written, coherent and contains no major grammatical or syntaxical error. If you want to write well, I think you can. It doesn't all have to be flowery and poetic. It can be crude and ugly as well. The point is that it is what it is, and as long as you assume your writing, good or bad, and work to improve yourself, then it's all good to me.

I'm sorry if anyone has disrespected you in that regard. I don't personally see it. I think if you want to write well, you will - as you have shown in this here post.

And all of you are right: you cannot judge a book by its cover.
  9. Old Comment
    "you cannot judge a book by its cover."

Although the black ones with gold writing tend to be thrillers from my experience.
  10. Old Comment
    Who said anything about your spelling and grammar apart from yourself?