Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rate this Entry

A Big WTF?

Posted 06-26-2010 at 07:56 PM by Manbearpig

Alright, I am a little pissed. If you remember awhile back, I wrote a blog on religion in which some of you liked and others didn't. This is sorta about it but not really.

Today I went to Sunday Vigil (Saturday evening) Mass at my Roman Catholic Church (this will play into my second part). It was really hot today and since I like dressing comfortably so I wore athletic shorts and a t-shirt. I was helping out at Church and this old lady gave me a dirty look and said that I was not dressed appropriate for Church. This really made me angry. Now, I know why she said it. Back when she was my age, most people would always come in their Sunday best. I do dress in my best for Church sometimes...mainly Christmas and Easter, but for a regular Sunday mass I just wanted to be comfortable on a hot day. But she really judged on the wrong level in my opinion. Most older people complain about kids and teens not going to mass. I do. I don't always agree with it (as you will see below). But for once you do see a youth actually helping out. People need to realize that not everyone is going to fit into your little model and you can't sweat just because something is different. I know I am being a little hypocritical here, but really? Sigh..

Now this is not even what got me pissed off the most at Church today (this also happened last week). Our pastor is notoriously conservative. He does not like abortions or gay marriages. He also writes the petitions. This week the end of both were included. AHHHHH!!!!!!!! While I am not a big fan of abortions, really, sometimes they are needed. But the Gay Marriages really pissed me off to a new level. I have said it many times, if you do not like Gay Marriages, don't get one. In the long run, they do nothing but help the community. Many smart states such as Iowa and Massachusetts have them so they can bring in tourism revenue, even though most in Iowa are against the marriages themselves. Why do they do them? Money. They don't hurt straight people and they give the rights to people who love each other.

Some Churches, mine included, need to realize that not all people follow what their Church believes, whether it being those specific domination or maybe in other cases, different. Many Churches of other faiths do allow gay Clergyman. It saddens me to see many Priests in my disease having to leave and go to counseling because their is evidence they are homosexual while other priests who have had similar scandals with women remain in the Church. That is called a double standard. Both are wrong for priests since they take a vow of celibacy, but letting the straight clergyman stay and the homosexual go to counseling is wrong on so many levels.

There are many religions in this world and especially America. One of the great things about America is was founded so some could escape Religious prosecution. Some states would not accept coming to the union with the Bill of Rights which allow (along with many other things) freedom to choose their own religion. But people feel that we must follow to everything that their religion states. But really, isn't that what we were trying to escape when we founded this country?

A final word of note. In case you are wondering, there is a lot of stuff I do agree with about my Church. There is just also a lot I disagree with. This is based simply on my political side, which is very, very important to me. I will continue to attend Mass (whether it be at my Church or a different Catholic Church is a different question) almost every Sunday. Whether you agree with me about these things in your choice. Like my last big blog, I doubt I am going to change your mind and I know you won't change mine. I just hope you all can see my point of the argument, like I hope I can see yours if you disagree.

MBP
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1494 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I was kind of shocked that two catholic priests in my area, believes women should be priests. My priest does not believe in that.
  2. Old Comment
    ARGHHH I just wrote a really long reply to your blog and hit backspace. Instead of deleting some letters, it took me back to the home page!! DAMNIT! I can't be assed to write it again now. Maybe later.
  3. Old Comment
    Idk, imo if you don't like your religion, get another one?

There are other different types of christianity out there that are more opened to things like that.

If you don't fit in the community that you are in, there's no reason for you to stay.
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 444 View Comment
    Idk, imo if you don't like your religion, get another one?

There are other different types of christianity out there that are more opened to things like that.

If you don't fit in the community that you are in, there's no reason for you to stay.
    It is more of my particular parish than the Catholic Church in general. Long story does not need to be explained. Also, just an FYI, this is more a political post than religious.
  5. Old Comment
    This is why. My mom opened her own church. The coffee shop. Every Sunday we sit at the table and talk God... That is it. Cuz otherwise halfway through mass we'd get pissed and leave. So this is more fun and a lot more gets accomplished!
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nixie View Comment
    This is why. My mom opened her own church. The coffee shop. Every Sunday we sit at the table and talk God... That is it. Cuz otherwise halfway through mass we'd get pissed and leave. So this is more fun and a lot more gets accomplished!
    I like that idea. (:

And haha, MBP, that's old people for you! They tell me I'm not appropriately dressed at the grocery store.