Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Lokelake's I don't know

Rate this Entry

I felt Terrible Today

Posted 05-11-2009 at 07:27 PM by lokelake
Updated 05-11-2009 at 08:21 PM by lokelake

This was the first time ever, that I felt terrible not going up to do my presentation in school (in front of the class). I felt terrible for the rest of the day. It was too hard for me to go up there becuase I am so shy.

So, I don't know why I am feeling so terrible. Maybe becuase I felt so discouraged becuase of my shyness? Maybe becuase I felt bad that I was the only one who didn't go up to do it? Or maybe becuase I really wanted to talk about my topic, but my shyness prevented me?

It might be a little bit of all of them, but mostly was becuase I really waned to talk about my topic.

I had a very tough time with my shyness throughout life and throughout my school years. People have discouraged me and said that I should talk more, and that I should speak out more and said I should stop being shy countless of times, including my own parents. So I thought for a while being shy is bad and horrible. But eventually, I came to the conclusion that being shy is not bad or horrible whatsoever anyone says. Being shy is ok. Being shy is no different than being talkative.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2301 Comments 11
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 11

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Take some leadership classes or something...
  2. Old Comment
    Well, the difference between being shy and being talkative is that in the end you usually don't get what you want. Also, it can cause a lot of problems because of miscommunication.
    If you choose to stay shy all your life just be prepared that others that stand up more for themselves are more likely to achieve the things they want to achieve.
  3. Old Comment
    Lolly,I did take a leadership class in high school. But that didn't help me.
  4. Old Comment
    Kitten, this blog entry was basically leaning towards my religious beliefs.
  5. Old Comment
    It made no mention of your beliefs...
  6. Old Comment
    Lolly, I didn't want to directly talk about my beliefs because I feel that people on this forum already heard enough about my beliefs. But if you like, I can tell you how this is linked to my beliefs.

I hope no one feels offended when I put their username then the response right after. I do that so you guys know who I am responding to.
  7. Old Comment
    Getting a job where you are forced to talk with people all day will cure your shyness. Taking a speaking class will give you confidence. You can force yourself to overcome personal problems by putting yourself in situations where you must confront them regularly.
  8. Old Comment
    You shouldn't feel horrible about it, I've always been really shy but I've also always loved Drama and Singing. So now I do drama GCSE I have to get up and act by myself sometimes and at first I was literally shaking and I felt like crying but now it's so easy I can't believe I was so scared. The more you put yourself in situations where you have to stand and talk alone or do a presentation the quicker you will overcome your shyness and become way more confident.
  9. Old Comment
    Also, bit confused on how this relates to your beliefs. At all. In any way.
  10. Old Comment
    "It was too hard for me to go up there becuase I am so shy."
    "Being shy is ok."

So why do you feel so terrible?
  11. Old Comment
    I guess I will tell you how this was leaning towards my beliefs. Mods if you feel I went too far with bringing up my religious beliefs, then feel free to delete that part.

I believe anyone can get into heaven no matter who you are. Jesus doesn't care if you are shy, talkative, if you are hanicapped etc... He doesn't look at that to determine if you deserve to get into Heaven.