Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > IceMaiden's Blog of Awesome

Rating: 9 votes, 3.67 average.

Saying Goodbye.

Posted 04-06-2016 at 12:30 PM by IceMaiden
Updated 04-06-2016 at 12:41 PM by IceMaiden

Quite a while ago I had the pleasure and fortune to meet my best friend on this site. Everyone who knows either of us, is aware of how close we are. Or...were.

It pains me to write this because of how much it hurts but it's finally time to admit that we've grown apart over the last few months. This has never been more apparent than in the last fortnight when we ended up blanking each other for several days at a time. Before that, it was just constant arguing.

We didn't just give up, we tried so many times to work through things but we just couldn't do it. Maybe our opinions were just too different or we were suddenly too different, I don't really know. All I know is that somewhere along the line we started to fall out of sync and eventually there was too much to deal with and it was impossible to figure things out.

What makes it harder to deal with is that it's also our two year anniversary since we met...and instead of saying here's to another year this time we are saying goodbye.

I will never forget all the laughter we shared, the secrets and tears, the times we laughed so much we literally couldn't breathe. Even the arguments when at the end of it we still finished with a "We'll figure this out. I love you always and forever."

But this time...this time we wont. So...

....You thought I was serious? Of course I wasn't! I just couldn't resist.

In all seriousness, it IS our two year anniversary today since we became friends and we HAVE been fighting a lot recently to the point of taking some time apart for a few days.

Those FIVE days we didn't talk? It was so strange! We talk every.single.day. and have for two years with the odd day here or there when we haven't, for hours on end from morning to night. So to go from that to nothing at all was beyond strange. But it did do what it was supposed to and gave us a much needed time out and space to realize how much we mean to each other and why we are friends to begin with.

I want to take this oppurtunity to say the following:

Sophie: I love you. Always have, always will. Yes, we've been fighting so much recently but we figured it out just like we always do. And if we start fighting again in the future we'll figure it out then too.

I know this last year hasn't been a good one for you but look at you- you're still here and still going strong. Some days are harder than others and I know there's the days that crop up where you think why am I even bothering? Well, here's the answer.

To live. To laugh. To smile. To make memories that you look back on and smile. To be a part of my life, J's life. To move on to bigger and better things. To be happy. Which you will. Don't ever doubt that.

You're stronger than you've ever known, than you ever will know. Look how far you've come since 12-18 months ago. Yes, things aren't perfect. But you're here and alive and fighting still. You never thought that was possibble all that time ago and didn't think you could do it. But you have. You've done it every.single.day and you're still doing it now. And I am so proud of you, prouder than you will ever know.

I know at times I'm harsh on you or I'll say things you don't want to listen to but it is always what I truly believe is best for you- because that's all I want. I want you to have everything that you deserve and I know you have the strength and determination to achieve that if you only believe in yourself.

I know that's difficult for you to do but you know what? That doesn't even matter because when you don't believe in yourself I still believe in you enough for both of us. And if that doesn't convince you then remember what I said to you so long ago- you don't even need to believe in yourself, just believe in me who believes in you.

Thank you. Thank you for being my best friend, for always being there when I need you. For listening when nobody else does. For giving me an honest answer on things even if I don't like it or don't want to listen to it. For making me smile and laugh every single day the last two years. Thank you for the happy memories we created together, the constant laughs and for supporting me in whatever I do even if you think I'm making the wrong choice.

Thank you for letting me into your life and for staying in mine. Thank you for being you. You are an incredible, strong, beautiful, loyal and amazing woman. Don't ever change.

I love you always and forever and no matter what.

** Neither of us had seen the others before we posted. We only knew we were both doing an anniversary blog for the other as is our tradition. After seeing hers I laughed so hard that we'd done the same thing to start with. This is why we are friends.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1422 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I'm still shocked at how we both done the exact same thing and neither of us knew LMAO. We're sooo twins :L. Here's to many more years and a future full of laughter! <3 <3

P.S. you suck for making me cry!
    Posted 04-06-2016 at 12:52 PM by FrozenWolfGirl FrozenWolfGirl is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sophia View Comment
    I'm still shocked at how we both done the exact same thing and neither of us knew LMAO. We're sooo twins :L. Here's to many more years and a future full of laughter! <3 <3

P.S. you suck for making me cry!
    You both suck. And made me cry.

I don't know whether to say this is cute or call you both assholes. (Jk I like you both.)