Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Lokelake's I don't know

Rate this Entry

Winter (Summer)

Posted 06-28-2010 at 09:19 PM by lokelake
Updated 06-28-2010 at 09:23 PM by lokelake

I believe I know why when it is the Northern Hemisphere winter, the Southern Hemisphere summer is so hot... and no, not because of global warming.

It actually makes perfect sense. I saw a picture of a globe how it faces the sun for each season. During the Northern Hemisphere winter, the sunlight is less direct at that hemisphere. At the same time, the southern hemisphere, the sunlight is far greater, and not to mention, the earth is the closet to the sun during this time, so the sunlight is more direct to the southern hemisphere. So, put it all together, and bam, you get very, very hot summers in the southern hemisphere.

The Northern Hemisphere summer, is generally cooler than the southern hemisphere summer, and the globe is the furthest from the sun.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1045 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Haha dude did you just figure this out? Sorry but I've known that since a while ago I think... o.o
    xD
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MetalGreek View Comment
    Haha dude did you just figure this out? Sorry but I've known that since a while ago I think... o.o
    xD
    Well, a few weeks back actually.
  3. Old Comment
    Dude... I've known this since 4th grade. xD The earth DOES move, you know. Both around the sun, and in a circle in a day. Haha
  4. Old Comment
    mhm. And on a tilted axis. That way the closer part to the sun will always be on one half and the colder will be on the othr!