Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Komodo Jones

Rate this Entry

This Isn't a BDSM Site!

Posted 10-27-2009 at 09:32 AM by Komodo Jones

OK I have kept quiet about this for a while, because it hasn't affected people I know...until now. For everyone reading this GetDare is not a bdsm site, it is a truth or dare site. True, the bdsm community is large on this site but that's not the main focus. Everyone on this site, is not here to be owned or to own ok!? It is sad that people (mostly girls) have to put in their signatures or their journals that they are not interested. Yet some idiotic people still continue to ask. If you want someone that wants to own you or you want to own. Check with them first, if they say no don't freaking beg. If you really want one that badly go to kinktalk or some other fetish site, and stop bugging the people here that are just for community or truth or dare. Just try to think a little!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1700 Comments 12
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 12

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Hear, hear!

I really don't know why this isn't common practice. While there are users on the site with a more traditional approach to the BDSM side of things, not one true master would ever go around sending random PMs asking someone to be their slave. It's inconsiderate, rude, and disrespectful.

Even those only interested in casual dare slaves should share these considerations when speaking to another user of the site - it's truly sad that many do not.
    Updated 10-27-2009 at 10:11 AM by Leopard (Additional input.)
  2. Old Comment
    I agree. It all comes down to respect for other peoples wishes.
  3. Old Comment
    I agree that people shouldn't randomly send out PMs regarding D/s and should take the time to learn a few things about a member before contacting him about BDSM.

That said, I think this website is what we shape it to become, and even though there's a lot of focus on truth or dare, I believe BDSM is definitely one the major prospects of this website.

Some people are here simply for the TorD, others simply for the BDSM and some for a mix of both. You shouldn't simply state that the "point" is the website is as you see it, since each of us has a different perspective.

And yes - I believe it is fairly alright to PM people about BDSM, just like it's alright to PM them about TorD. people should try to only contact members that share their interests (by taking the time to browse through their profile or posting history) and try not to harass other members, but there's nothing wrong with PMs.

If someone send you a message that says "Do you want to be my slave/master *wink* *wink* now get naked / give me tasts" simply ignore it. That's what I do.
    Posted 10-27-2009 at 11:01 AM by Looking4somename Looking4somename is offline
  4. Old Comment
    I strongly agree with this. I've actually had people automatically ask me if I were a slave or mistress. If I say neither they ask what I'm doing here then?
    It quite annoying.
  5. Old Comment
    I am rather curious how the 2 got associated in the first place. A dare Master/Mistress and a dare slave is not M/s in the true sense anyway. A person who likes to create dares may be a 'Master' at that but that hardly make them a 'Master' as in the M/s and bdsm tradition. I think people into bdsm and traditional M/s have googled some terms and this site came up, and they came and made it there own.
  6. Old Comment
    I wish the S/M section went to Kinktalk and stayed there.
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Comment
    I wish the S/M section went to Kinktalk and stayed there.
    Maybe you can say that in the suggestion zone?
  8. Old Comment
    Honestly the S/M section brings a lot of traffic to the site, i assume that is a good thing. I agree you do get idiots that PM people and i must admit in the early days i did it it once or twice but i was soughed out and i look back now and think man i was annoying. The worst i have had was a 16 year old on probation ask me, over page profile message, the email addresses of good mistresses i told him to post on the S/M section before i realised he was only 16. Probably what he got probation for in the first place.
  9. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lokelake View Comment
    Maybe you can say that in the suggestion zone?
    It probably wont get done, I think there are a lot of people that like it. That's why depp put it on, I doubt he'll move it.
  10. Old Comment
    If this is not a BDSM site, may i suggest they take away the Master/Sub forum?...... If its not one why have it there????
  11. Old Comment
    I think a large part of the reason we have it is neccessity--that is, people are gonna clamor for this stuff anyways even if we claim that we are only a TorD site. Several good sites that used to exist which were similar to getdare were ruined by endless streams of users posting everywhere "b my mastr????" and so on and so forth.

I view our section as a useful compromise; this way, the majority of the BDSM is at least quarantined and does not make strictly TorD content impossible to find.

also some users (including myself at times) do like both so. eh.
    Posted 10-28-2009 at 02:34 PM by Mephistopheles Mephistopheles is offline
  12. Old Comment
    Quote:
    I view our section as a useful compromise; this way, the majority of the BDSM is at least quarantined and does not make strictly TorD content impossible to find.
    This was exactly my thought when I created things a long time ago. My idea was to avoid the chaos all the other sites had at the time.