Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Pingu

Rate this Entry

Carpe Diem

Posted 08-15-2008 at 11:44 AM by Pingu

About a month ago, I witnessed a scene that no person would like to see, another human being dieng. I was unfortunate enough to witness a car accident and the aftermath wasn't pretty. The guy was young and it hit me quite hard in the following days. Mainly because of age.

Coming to the present, a close friend of mine collapsed at her home on Wed with blood poisoning. About an hour before she collapsed, I had been speaking to her casually on MSN. Now, it is a matter of when rather than if she will pass away.

The point of this blog is that a lot of us, myself included, think we have a lot of time left. We simply can not be sure of that, so go out and try something new. Do something that you may never have done. "Carpe diem" - seize the day.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2017 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I know the feeling. I had paramedics around last night. I stopped breathing. =o That was even scary for the big ol'tough Oreo! But I think my bf was more scared, bless him. Or 'Hood' as you call him. -Hugs!-
  2. Old Comment
    I know a similar feeling x_x

Live everyday like it's your last and stay positive
  3. Old Comment
    Its true that you never know when you pass away. That doesn't mean you have to go crazy with things you haven't done before..
    Just enjoy life. Don't be stuck up and don't be judgmental, also keep an open mind.
    I'm really sorry to hear about your friend though. Luckily stuff like that never happened to me, but I get sad everytime young people die like that.
    Posted 08-18-2008 at 12:58 PM by TheLittleStrawberry TheLittleStrawberry is offline