Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Lokelake's I don't know

Rate this Entry

Chat Room Idea

Posted 04-24-2009 at 02:52 PM by lokelake

I think I have a great idea for the chat room.

I have a thread for this, but I feel it will get more attention if I also put it in my blog.

If a user is typing, have the word "typing" next to ther username.

Then if person is not typing probably (doesn't type any letters) for a specific length of time, then the word "typing" will go away.

I got that idea from another forum, I really like it. It is really nice to have.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1186 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Thats very common happens in most IM programs. The only hard thing about that is the chat witch is not owned nor coded by depp would have to be modded to a extent that might be out of depps expertise in the matter. But if he knows what hes doing im sure he could do that. But as good as the idea is i have little faith it will happen as depp has lots on his plate already (im guessing).
  2. Old Comment
    I've done a little hacking of the chat before and I don't think this would be easy to implement. The chat only updates users every ~2 seconds (it seems shorter when you are in there) so the "typing" message would be rather inaccurate. Also, as it stands today, the chat is cramped. I don't think that there is a logical place to put the message. When I upgrade the forums they will be expanding (horizontally) so maybe then there will be a better setup. I'm not saying it won't ever be done but there are better uses of my time at the moment then hacking in something that has so many built-in problems.