Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > loke

Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.

This will always baffle me

Posted 01-20-2011 at 02:57 PM by loke
Updated 01-20-2011 at 02:59 PM by loke

I am under a winter storm warning which means snow fall accumulations will not be under 6 inches ( a warning is when 6 or more inches will fall) which would mean a range should start at 6 for example, 6-8 inches possible not 3-6 inches. But my local guys, even after saying it themselves, always has the range of accumulations start under 6 (again for example 3-6 inches)! Do they not know what the definition of a winter storm warning (by defualt, amounts will not be under 6, if it were, then a winter weather advisory would stay for me) is?

So like, I was under a winter weather advisory (means less snow) earlier, so if I had to forecast amounts for me area I would do maybe 2-5 inches for me or 3-6 inches. But now since I am under a warning I will have no choice but to up my amounts to maybe 6-8 inches.

I wonder when my local mets will change...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 903 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I don't know that the people on getDare can answer this question for you. Maybe it would be best to take this blog and e-mail it to the weather forecasters at your local station and ask them to clarify. Maybe they do not know this and you will help to educate them.

And please, please, please, share their response with us. I want you to know I sincerely care about this problem.